Chapter 23

Aiden looks to me, confused.

"Does that make me spwecial, Mr. Awen?" Calla asks, her brown eyes wide.

"Yes," Aiden says with a smile. "Yes it does."

Calla Lilly grins and squirms in Aiden's arms, signaling for him to put her back down.

"I'm craving some brownies," I say. I look to Mary, hoping she understands what I didn't say.

Mary smiles and nods. "Hey Little Flower," she calls to Calla. "Wanna come get Momma some brownies with me?"

"Yup!" Calla exclaims, skimping to Mary. "Bye Mommy! Don't forget me!"

I chuckle. "I won't, Baby." I waved at them as they leave.

++++

I smile at the closed door, and sigh. "She's only half mine," I say. "Her parents are somewhere out there. They may be dead, who knows."

I look towards Aiden, who's smiling softly.

Aiden walks over to me, climbing into the small hospital bed with me. I snuggle into his side.

"As you know, I'm an orphan. Yeah, I know I have so many people that love me, but I wanted to show other kids like me that they had people who loved them too. I visited an orphanage in San Fransisco once, and immediately fell in love with this new born baby girl. I was lonely, Aiden. So I adopted her. She's my daughter. But I can't help but fear the day she starts wondering who her real parents are."

"You are her real parent," Aiden says softly. "And I hope that you'll let me be one too...?"

I gasp and look up into Aiden's eyes. They were so full of hope and love.

"Do you mean it?" I question hesitantly. I expected him to say Psych! But he did something completely different.

Aiden slowly got out of bed, helping me sit up. He looked me in the eyes and got on one knee.

My hands flew to my mouth. "Aiden..."

"Roselyn Jones. My little Rosey," he whispers, staring into my eyes. "Look, I don't a diamond ring to give you, or a fancy castle, but I do have love. I promise to love you forever and always. No matter what. We're going to fight, and get angry, but I swear to you, I will never leave you. I will love you will all I am, and give you everything I can. I promise to Calla like my own. Roselyn Jones, will you, be my mate, my wife, my everything. Will you be mine?"

"I-" 

Hey guys! Sorry for the interruption. Lol. I just started a new book, it's called Lost. Plz check it out! And for those of you who haven't read about my life problems in The Craziest Things, you should read that too!

I'd love to know what you think about the book. I'm thinking of ending it soon, I don't know if I'm gonna write a sequel, but I'd love to hear from you if you think I should. 

P.S. YOU SHOULD FOLLOW ME!!!!!!! 

-Raven