Chapter 21

Aiden POV

"No, no, no, no!" I screamed. Tears ran down my face as I rushed over to my pack doctor. I knew I couldn't go to a human hospital since they'd start asking questions about how Roselyn got into this state in the first place.

 I knew I couldn't go to a human hospital since they'd start asking questions about how Roselyn got into this state in the first place

I sit on the chair next to Roselyn's bed.

She's been unconscious for almost twelve hours, which was normal because of how much blood she lost.

My mind suddenly goes back to the text I'd sent Mary hours ago when Roselyn had stabilized.

Bring Calla.

But who is Calla? And why isn't Mary bringing her?

A knock at the door brings me out of my thoughts.

"Come in," I say, rubbing my eyes.

I look towards the door to see Mary walking through with a little girl clinging on to her pants. The girl looked to be around four and had long brown hair and soft hazel eyes.

"I didn't know you had a daughter, Mary...?" I say. Roselyn told me a lot about her life and the people in it, last time I saw her.

"Calla is not mine," Mary says, smiling softly.

"Then whose is-"

"Where am I?" A scratchy voice asks from the bed behind me.

I turn around to see Roselyn trying to shake off her sleepiness.

"Mommy!" Calla exclaims.