Chapter 16

Roselyn's Pov-

You know, I wonder what a sane person would do in my situation. Would they be rational? Would they get up and run? Because boy! I'm definitely not a sane person.

I look to Drake, and to him (and kinda my) Mom, and to Steven, and finally, to Jackson whose jaw was probably about to fall off of his face.

And then... I went hysterical. I literally fell over laughing.

"Is she okay?" I hear Drake whisper to Mom.

"I don't know, Dear," she replies.

After a few minutes, I quiet down and just lie on the plush carpet underneath me.

I shoot up and run to the bathroom as my breakfast and dinner from last come up my throat.

I feel Drake pulling my hair up and rubbing circles on my back as I throw up into the toilet.

"Are you okay?" Mom questions for the forth time in two minutes.

I chuckle. "I'm fine. It's like shifter's hangover," I tell her. "That's what happens when you haven't shifted in 7 years."

"7..." Her voice fades as she understands the deeper meaning.

I shrug and offer her a smile.

"Are you sure you don't need anything?" Mom asks again.

"I'm fine!" I laugh. "I promise. Go on, Drake and I have loads to do!" The day of the wedding has finally arrive and I had to get to the gazebo and put some final touches on the wedding.

Mom laughs and puts her hands up in surrender. "Fine, fine! I'm going!"

I smirk and push her out the door.  Drake locked the door behind us.

I waved to Mom as she pulled out of the driveway, reluctantly going over to see her to be daughter-in-law.

I sigh. "Okay, kid. Let's go finish this wedding."