Chapter 4

He let the sky drop on me, but I found the strength to lift it up.

It was dark, but it felt vaguely familiar. "Hello!" I called. "Is anyone here?" I walked forward, keeping my arms in front of me, in case there was something I couldn't see. "Hello! Hello! Can anyone hear me?" Suddenly, a bright light shot down in front of me. Connor stood there, in a yellow and green Oregon Duck sweatshirt, with Amy hanging off him. She wore tight blue pants, a skimpy white crop top and a white jean jacket. I remember this, I thought. He was with her that day! Of course, I didn't see who the girl was, since her face was glued onto Connor's, who was my boyfriend at the time. I learned too late that the sky was crashing to the ground.

Amy cackled, "Can you believe it? She really thought you liked her. Talk about rejection."

Connor smiled, it wasn't a nice one. "I don't know what got in her head. How can anyone possibly love her? I never did."

Tears leaked from my eyes, "You're wrong."

"Am I?" Connor walked over to me and put a finger under my chin. "I never loved you, no matter what you thought." He grabbed hold of my necklace, "And if you thought this meant anything, you're more naïve than I thought." Connor tore the necklace off my neck and threw it. I reached out for it, only to find darkness in its place.

 I reached out for it, only to find darkness in its place

I woke to a room, my face wet with tears. I quickly reached over the side of the bed and grabbed my phone. I swiped at my phone, unlocking the screen. It was five o'clock in the morning, not too late. I tapped the photos app and thousands of photos of Connor and I popped up. Tears immediately stopped flowing when I saw the pictures.

I was angry. Angry that he was with her. Angry at him. Angry about all the false things he said to me. Angry that he cheated. Angry... angry at myself. For believing he was different. For believing that he loved me. He healed my heart, only to break it again later.

I looked down at the screen. My turn. I hit the select all button, and smiled, goodbye my love. I hit delete. Destroying all the great memories we had together. It's my turn.

I got up and quickly brushed my teeth, changed my clothes, and brushed my hair before entering the kitchen. Becca was sitting at the counter eating cereal.

"Hey there, you're up early," she said. She got up and took out another bowl. "Cinnamon Toast Crunch?" Mary asked. Cinnamon Toast Crunch is my all time favorite cereal.

"Definitely," I said, sitting down at the table. I shoveled the cereal into my mouth. "Mmmm."

"What's got you in such a good mood?" Becca asked, happy that I felt better.

I looked up at her and grinned. "A new perspective."

After eating breakfast, I asked Becca to be my shopping partner. She was so excited, saying that we hadn't been shopping in forever.