Chapter 2- Meeting Alia

I knew that Alia was coming today to India, and of course my mother advised me on how to behave like a good indian girl.

Lets just say I wasn't like other girls. Even from a young age, I was known was saying what was in my mind, even if it offended others. I would consider myself to be a somewhat 'nice person', however, if someone messes with me I tend to bite back. 

I put on a green salwar kameez topped with a little gold headband and heels my father got me last year. I walk down to the garden when I find Aunt Aadhya and Uncle Samar watering the plants. They are such a lovely couple. Through over 30 years of marriage, they still have that spark. 

"Hi Aunty!Uncle" I cheer 

"Nisha! Wow, you look elegant in that dress" Compliments Aunt Aadhya

I am not good at recieving compliemnts, hence I give her a little smile

"Having Alia around would be such a delight. You two would surely make good friends" Cheers Aunty as I *unknowingly* shoot her a disapproving look.

Sidharth was bad enough, his fiance, would probably be worse. 

Later that evening steers in a silver lamborghini. Out walks a girl, with wavy brown hair and large gold earrings. In her hands are a pair of sunglasses and a vintage handbag. She was dressed in a simple white laced crop top and boyfriend jeans. With her head held up high, she strutted towards us and greeted Siddharth with a large hug.

"I've missed you so much sweetheart!" Says Sidharth wrapping his hands around her.

"Awww. Me too" Kisses Alia

"Come in kids, I've made some of my famous biscuits" Calls Aunt Aadhya welcoming them into the lounge

I nervously follow them as they make their way to the lounge. Aila stylishly sits on the cream coloured sofa, hurriedly texting someone.

Esly, My younger sister makes her way towards me. 

"Alia looks like an actress" She whispers in my ear

This was true. Any director would want a girl like Alia in their films. She was fair, tall and beautiful.  She looked much more american that Indian, even her eyes seemed kinda green. Then again, a stylish girl liek her was probably wearing coloured lenses. When Alia spokek I couldn't help notice her hevaily american accent. Most of what she said was in english, only rarely using our mother language. She talked about her career as a architect, her family, her friends, teh parties she's been to, and of course teh clothes she brought. I was dozing off to sleep before my mother called me in to make a cup of coffee.

"Mum why do I always have to do things around here?" I moan

"It's called hospitality. Plus, Samar and Aadhya are like family, am I right?" Says mother

"Fine fine" I reluctantly say stirring the coffee

"Alia and SIdharth do make a good match. She is very stylish and classy" Mother says

I nod

"Nisha....Even SIdharth is getting married. It's time you settled dear" Mother says 

I moan once again. Marriage was not in my books at the moment, and when I do get married, I'll make sure I'll get the say in who I marry.