Chapter 7- The Wedding

Today is the day. The day of Sidharth's marriage.  As much as I despised them, I was slightly excited.  Weddings were a chance to dress up and eat good food basically. 

However, the last few days haven't been good with Alia and Sidharth. Alia was furious at me as usual, but Sidharth, who had been nicer to me recently had turned against me once again. After Alia's tantrum, he had made it clear that he wanted me out of his life. He even said that I was ' The cause of this mess'.  I mean seriously, does he even know what's going on? Alia is the one getting envious, not me. In reality, I don't even care about their relationship, the only reason I am here is because of my parents. 

We went shopping for outfits yesterday, and my mother thought it would be cute if Esly and I wore outfits that would complement each other. To her good luck, we found some cute outfits to wear. After hour of selecting, I settled for a yellow floral saree (below). I admired it's simplicity and elegance. 

Esly choose a yellow and blue salwar kameez that had a similar design to mine

I did my hair in a simple updo, and wore yellow flowers in my hair to complement my saree

I did my hair in a simple updo, and wore yellow flowers in my hair to complement my saree. I was silently curious to see Alia's outfit. Of course she didn't show me her saree, but I mean, I'll get to see it anyways. 

After Esly and I got ready, we headed to the wedding hall with our family. 

"Excited girls?" My mother asked.

"Yes yes!" Squealed Esly, who hasn't attended a wedding in years

"And you?" Mum asked

"I guess" I say looking out the window. 

The wedding hall was massive. When we walked inside, I felt as if I was in a scene from a movie. The hall was covered in beautiful red roses, with perfectly aligned chairs, and framed with silver fairy lights. Along the sides there were pink candles, giving of a rosy aroma. Everything in the hall was silver, red and pink. To top with off, there was a large red and silver chandelier hanging from the ceiling, its  beauty was beyond my imagination. I couldn't help feel envious, for I knew I'd never have a wedding as grand as this. 

"Hmm, the bride hasn't come out yet. " My mum says scanning the room

"Maybe they are just getting ready" I say

Within moments, all of the 1 thousand seats were filled. This was surely going to be a grand affair. I couldn't help thinking about my wedding. Would it be held in a temple? Or a hall like this? What kind of saree would I wear? How would I have my hair done? And most importantly who would my husband be? 

I know my parents want me to have an arranged marriage, however I was never too keen on that idea. I desire a marriage which is built on love. I mean, I don't mind having an arranged marriages as long as I actually LOVE whoever I will marry. What's the point of getting married if there is no love.

My train of thought is interrupted by Aunt Aadhya, who rushes over to us. 

"Quick come" She whispers and rushes back inside.

My family and I get up hurriedly and go to the rooms.

"Aadhya? What's the matter?" Mum asks

Aunt Aadhya takes a moment to catch her breath.

"A-Aadhya, what's the matter" Mum repeats .

The room is silent. Uncle Samar is kneeling down on the floor, with his hands clasped over his face. My dad rushes over to him.

"Aunty? What's happened?" I ask. 

"Listen...." She begins

"The bride is nowhere to be seen" Aunt Aadhya says

Hello readers! I know I haven't updated in a while now, but I've been urging to write this chapter. How did you find it? What do you think will happen next?

Vote, Comment and share!