Chapter 4 - Shopping with Sidharth

I awkwardly sit by Sidharth, doing anything to avoid him. I'm still in disbelief after the inconceivable remarks Alia had made a while ago. I didn't like Sidharth, not even a tiny bit. How dare she even say and think stuff like that. 

"Are we here?" I say peering out of the window. 

In Front of me was a large shop called Jewellers Express. The sign was written in navy blue with dashing images of men and woman wearing beautiful golden jewelry. The shore was not only large in size, but luxurious, as it had golden embroidered drapes hanging from the beige walls, topped with the finest gold and white (plastic) flowers which were each in stunning gold vases. 

"Wow. This shop is huge" I exclaim, soon regretting what I say 

"So? Haven't you been anywhere like this?" Sidharth questions rolling his eyes

"Show us to the bridal jewelery place " Orders Sidharth to one of the workers

She leads us into a corner full of the more extravagant, yet costly bridal jewelry. I couldn't help admire the jewels, for I have never worn anything as luxurious as them. 

"Is this for your wife?" The worker confidently says glancing at me

"She's not my wife. Just a relative" Groans SIdharth

"Oh sorry sir! My mistake.Is there any particular deisgn you fancy? The rose gold ones are very popular at the moment" She says quickly changing the subject

I zone out while Sidharth examines the jewelery. Due to his successful buisness and parents wealth, it is no suprise that he'll buy something this expensive. 

"NISHA!!" Squels a voice

I turn back to find my friend from college, Daysha. It has been ages since I have seen her. We only occasionally talk on facebook, but thats pretty much it.

"Hey!!!!" I greet leaning in for a hug

"Oohh! In the bridal section eh? Haven't told me about him" She whispers pointing to Sidharth, who isi busily talking to the staff.

DAMN. The second time in one day. What was wrong with these people? So fricken childish.

"Daysha. Stop it. He's that Sidharth guy I told you about. We're practically enemies" I explain

"Yeah right" She rolls her eyes, clucting her iphone

"I'm serious. Don't be so childish" I say poking her arm

"Haahahhaha, I'm just joking Nish. Don't be so serious. Have fun ya" She says

Daysha has always been an optimist, unlike me. I guess I prefer the term 'realist'

After Daysha leaves, I join Sidharth, who has chosen a few peices for Alia.

"Okay. I like the 1st one. The colour is pretty" I say  pointing to the ruby one

"Hmm, okay. I guess I'll buy this one then" He says pointing to a different jewelery set, the emerald one. 

What a jerk

"Okay Sir. Are you sure you want to buy it? " The worker asks

" You can try it on her. See if you like it " She says pointing to me

"I'd rather not....." I mumble shyly

"Just put the dam thing on Nisha" He scolds

"Don't create a scene okay" I whisper getting the necklace from the box.

I gently put the necklace around me, trying to adjust the hooks. 

"Help her sir" Suggest the worker

"No I'm fine thanks" I say silently struggling. How hard is it to put on a single necklace? The thing just wouldn't click.

After struggling for hours, Sidharth angrily walks up beside me, snatching the necklace from my neck. He then gently places it around my neck, slowly hooking it. His hands left a surprisingly  good warmth at the back of my neck.

"Like it?" She asks

"Yeah she looks good" Sidharth says

Me? Did those words just come out of his mouth?!?!?.

" I mean the necklace looks good" He corrects

Of course. 

I leave the store with only one thought in mind.