Chapter 18 - A new path

Dedicated to all my readers 

Siddharth did come back home - eventually. 

Since I slept in the living room, I knew exactly when he had arrived - which was at 7 am. I pretended to be asleep as he walked into his room. He had spent the night with that woman. How dare he! I hated to imagine what he would've done. Anyways, there is no point in worrying about Siddharth  - like Keerthi said, he will never change,  therefore there is no point in worrying. Plus, I have other plans in mind. I am going to start teaching again. Keerthi said that there is a place I can volunteer at which is a school for children who have disabilities. I won't be earning anything, but teaching will be good for me mentally. Of course I was not going to tell Siddharth, I mean, he would hate to see me do something I love. Keerthi had told me the address of the school and the bus route to get there. Shifts started  after Siddharth would leave to work, and I would get back home much before he would arrive. This plan was set in stone. It's time I did something for myself.

In the morning, I make myself a cup of hot chocolate and make Siddharth some tea. Of course I did not want to cook for the beast after what he had done, however, if I didn't I know that he'll hurt me. Plus, I have enough bruises on my hands - I don't need anymore. 

While making Siddharth waffles, I hear him thump downstairs. He was dressed in a white dress shirt and dark denim pants. I couldn't help but gaze at his muscular body and toned arms. His sharp jawline and dreamy eyes were something that could melt any girls heart.  If only his heart was as good as his looks.

 "Nisha" He growls

I grab the plate and shove it towards him

"Enough with the temper,  tiger" He mocks sipping his tea

I am not in the mood to talk to him. Who does he think he is - to cheat on me and expect me to reply to his remarks

After he eats his breakfast, he leaves to work.I instantly rush to the bathroom to get ready. I apply nude lipstick and a bit of kajal. I decide to wear a blue saree hence choose blue studs and a silver wristwatch to wear. Before I knew it,  I rush out the door and begin walking to the nearest bus stop - which was 5 minutes away. If I return back home at the expected time, Siddharth will never know that I had left. 

Upon entering the school, my nervousness starts to kick in. If this were India, I would be mucheap more excited than worried when joining a new school to teach, however, this was not the case here in the USA. I open the doors to the office, where I see a Indian woman sit. 

"Excuse me ma'am" I say knocking the door

"Come in, you must be Mrs. Siddharth" She greets shaking my hand

"Let me introduce you to myself. I am Mrs Tejal, and I've been the principal here for almost 5 years ago. Its truly a plessure to meet you.So what brings you here?" She asks

"Well, I recently moved here and I wanted to teach again. I was a teacher back in India, and I have to say I really miss teaching" I state

"Fair enough.  Miss Chari ( Keerthi) has informed me about you. Infact she told me that you're a very diligent and passionate young woman. I'm pleased to know that you have volunteered to help here. Hardly anybody nowadays helps out at this school without an income. I am glad you joined Mrs.Siddharth " Mrs.Tegal says

"Thank you so much.I truly appointed your kindness" I say

"I'll put you in a class with one of our other teachers for now. He is also an Indian teacher.  I think you'll get along well with him Mrs.Siddharth" She explains

"One last thing" I say

"What is it?" She questions

"I would like it if I was adressed as 'Ms Nisha Anand'"I state

"Oh. If that suits you then we shall call you by that name." She assures

"Thank you" I say and head out to my class

The school is rather small, but seemed like an cosy enviroment. My class was room 5, which I quickly found. It was almost interval, which meant the kids would go out to eat and I we could introduce myself to the other teacher. 

"Buzzzzz" the bell goes off and students from all around the quad race to the benches and tables where they sit. It felt good to be back at schooleast,  and seeing all these happy children. All of them had slight disabilities, yet they had smiles on their faces which were brighter than anything else in this world. 

Interrupting my train of thought, I hear a mans voice 

"You must be Mrs ..Siddharth..?" I hear

Hey readers. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to vote, share and comment