Chapter 28 - Siddharth's pov

I watch as Nisha slowly leaves the bathroom and walks out the room. Her face was clasped in her hands, and I could hear her sniffing 

I hated seeing her cry

Its been a few weeks since the rape. A silent 2 weeks. No matter how much I tried to talk to Nisha, the most I could get from her was a yes or no answer. Every time i look at her, she is always sulking and despressed, and i know its mu fault.

It might sound suprising,  but I do love Nisha. I know what I did was wrong, but I had to do it. Having Nisha as my wife is everything I had ever wanted.

Not until recently, I believed that a girl like Alia or Divaani was the one for me. I mean, they were sexy, fun and the sex was good, but ...... things were different with Nisha.

Yes, she wasn't as sexy or outgoing as them, but the more time I spent with her, I realised her worth. She was sweet, gentle and always took care of me. Even the little conversations we'd have, such as ones while we are going to work, or before we say goodnight would put a smile on my face. Just seeing her every morning beside me was enough to make my day. I understand that she didn't love me, I mean, I'll admit I didn't be the nicest husband at first, but having her with me was enough. I know it sounds cheesy,  but she's made me into a better man.

Why did I rape her, you may ask

Well.... just like a mother can't let go of her newborn child, I couldn't let go of Nisha.  I know she loves Armit, I can sense it. Just seeing in that cafe was enough to make me destructive.  I yelled at Nisha that afternoon in pure anger, but never did I expect her to threaten to leave me. When she started packing her bags, I knew I had to do something. I couldn't let her go. She was my life. Even though I don't show it, she's my everything. I pleaded and begged her to stay, but didnt nudge. 

At last I came to a conclusion.  Yes, it isn't the nicest way to solve things, but I just couldn't let her leave. I know that if she gets pregnant,  she won't leave me, well, atleast for another 9 months. In that time, I can prove my innocence. I will show her that my heart belongs with her, not Divaani. 

I get out of bed, wondering how I am goingoing to face her.  

I see her slumped on the couch, with something in her hands

"Nisha....." I whisper touching her cheeks gently

She pushes my hand away in disgust

I notice the tears in her eyes.

"What's the matter sweetheart" I whisper 

"I - I am pregnant" She mutters under her breath 

Hey readers! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and the twist at the end

The next chapter will be dedicated to the first person to vote AND comment 

Keep out for the next update next week 

Do check out my other books 'Made for Each Other', a tamil love story 

Love you xox