Where There is Anger, There is Pain

Don't forget to vote, comment and add this book to your library for updates ❤️

***

The entire room was filled with silence, everybody gawping at the fight that had been laid right in front of them to view for their enjoyment. Anybody in our school loved a good fist fight, every single time one occurred students always flocked to watch.

Everybody continued to ignore me as I politely asked them to move, resulting in me having to shove through the small gaps between the crowd. Murmured whispers filled my ears, gossip had already begun to spread round about what this fight was about and the majority had already decided I was to blame. When I finally reached the front row, my eyes locked onto Hunter.

"How the fuck could you do this to her?" Hunter roared, his face inches away from Luke's.

"I-I" Luke stuttered, his eyes wide in fright.

Within seconds Hunter had his fingers wrapped round Luke's neck, pushing him further into the bricks of the wall.

"Grace is one of the most perfect girls I have ever met, and all you did was abuse her! You're lucky she ever looked at you, you piece of shit!" Hunter continued, with each word his hold got tighter and Luke's eyes were slowly losing there usual mischievous shine.

He deserved this, every bone in my body willed me to stay in place – silently watch as the boy who had violently abused me over the years got a taste of his own medicine. However my inner conscious had different ideas, a pang of guilt settled in my stomach – sure he'd done some bad things, but two wrongs will never, ever make a right.

I slowly walked towards Hunter, Liam's eyes suddenly turning wide as he turned to look at me.

"How does it feel huh? This is how you made her feel, how do you like it?" Hunter paused for a moment, before throwing a quick and forceful punch into Luke's right eye. Without me having to intervene Hunter released him – allowing Luke's body to slump down to the ground.

Hunter's tall, muscular body turned his eyes flitting towards Liam, then to mine. I wanted to say so many things, begin with an apology and finish with a thank you but nothing would ever suffice for all the countless amazing things he has done for me over the entire seventeen years I had known him. As he swiftly moved towards me, my arms reached out for him – and for the first time in my life I realised how much I truly love, and adore Hunter.

Hugs from Hunter were never long enough in my books, usually they'd only last a minute. However when we were younger we used to cuddle up to each other on the cold winter evenings, and even then those hour long cuddles would never fully satisfy me.

In his arms I was safe, and all my worries disappeared like rain on a hot a summers day. With his arms around me, I was protected from all of life's fear and misery – nothing could ever hurt me. Each breathe lead me to inhale the fresh scent of his aftershave, the very same one he had worn since he was fourteen – a gift I gave him on his birthday, that immediately became his favourite.

"I'm so glad that you are safe." Hunter whispered against my hair, "I love you so much, if anything had of happened to you I never would of forgiven myself." He squeezed me tighter towards him, placing a gentle kiss on my forehead.

My heart burst with love and gratitude, after all I had done over the last month he still loved me, he still cared for me the way he had when we were little kids.

"Get your hands off my girlfriend!" A voice reappeared, a loud rumble I was too familiar with.

As Hunter released me, all hairs on my arms stuck up in fear. Luke's eyes connected with mine as he began to stand up from the floor – the very charcoal I dreaded seeing every single day. His face was a tomato red, whether it was from anger or the fact Hunter had nearly strangled him to death five minutes ago was unknown.