And I Never Break A Promise

***

Don't forget to vote, comment and add this book to your library for frequent updates 💜

***

Nothing in life remains good forever, in fact even if things seem good the likelihood is it will all come crashing down around you eventually. Occasionally life may give you the good things, the only reason that it does is so when life gives you those bad times; you really suffer. My life before Luke was normal, but now the old life I had is just all one wrecked memory. Those times in my life would never be recovered, and the bad side of it all was that the horror was here to stay. I'd never be that same person, and life would never be the same again.

I'd learnt the hard way that this was the harsh reality, life definitely was not a bucketful of sunshine and even if it ever seemed to be in the future - I damn well sure would know it would not stay that way for long. Life is a constant roller coaster of ups and downs, one moment you can be on a high; enjoying life and all the wonderful opportunities that it offers you. The next you will come tumbling down into darkness, hating every breath you take and praying, hoping your final one will be just around the corner. Dying seems like the easiest route, all the pain; would finally fizz away along with the life you left behind.

My hand dug into the cabinet, pulling out a glass bottle of crystal clear liquid. Dying may not be the only option, but drinking sure was. Quickly I poured myself a shot, knocking it back all in one go. As the scolding hot scorched down my throat, nothing else mattered beside the toxins that were now pumping there way through my body. This was not my first glass of alcohol this morning, it was one of many.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?" Hunter's voice appeared, before I knew it he was beside me; snatching the liquor bottle out of my hand, and placing it back in the cupboard.

"Sleeping? What the hell does it look like I'm doing?" I joked, my voice tinged with sarcasm.

His face scrunched up, his eyes fluttering shut. "Drinking isn't the answer to this. We need to go to the police station-"

I laughed, shaking my head. "I'm not going."

Hunter stepped back, creating a distance between us that I weirdly enjoyed. "What do you mean, you're not going?"

"I do not want to go, so I am not going. Screw that into your skull Hunter."

Hunter stepped forward, wrapping his arms around me and attempting to hold me close. My hands gripped onto his chest, before harshly pushing him away causing him to stumble across the kitchen.

Hunter's eyes widened, his body limp as he regained his balance, "Why are you being like this?"

"Being like what?" I laughed, enjoying the sense of relaxation that had suddenly over taken me.

Hunter's gaze captured me, his black pupils dilating as he searched my body up and down. Uncomfortably I tugged my dressing gown together, tying it the red piece of ribbon into a bow.

"You're drunk." Hunter stated, each crease of his face crumpling with worry.

"So what if I am?" I yelled, grabbing the half full bottle of vodka back out of the alcohol cupboard.

He scoffed, rushing towards me once again. "It's 10am in the morning Grace, and you are hammered!"

The sound of my nails tapping against the glass filled the room, each second the grasp I had on the bottle was getting tighter. Alcohol saved me from the whirring mess that filled my mind, and all I needed and wanted was to be alone.