The Beginning of an Addiction

The smell of freshly cooked pancakes, drizzled with lemon and sugar filled my nostrils. Breakfast in the Cole household was definitely something I could get used too if it was like this every single day. My stomach grumbled, eager to be filled with food.

"Good morning lazy bones," Liam chuckled, standing in the middle of the kitchen wearing a Christmas apron. "Breakfast is served." He gestured towards the breakfast bar, a wide spread of pancakes, croissants and muffins had been placed in the centre along with freshly picked daffodils.

"Did you, did you cook all of this?" I stuttered, my eyes wide in amazement; each food looking just as scrumptious as the next.

"Don't look so surprised! I've always been able to cook." Liam chuckled, gesturing for me to sit down.

The smell of all the food was enough to drag me to the counter, I was starving - I hadn't eaten properly in a few days, a good meal was just what I needed.

"But if you tell anybody at school that I can cook, then I may just have to hunt you down Missy." Liam joked, dotting whipped cream on the very tip of my nose.

I silently nodded, my mouth full of pancakes. Each taste was delicious, it was as if Liam was some secret food god and I somewhat felt disapointted I'd been missing out on all this deliciousness for the last few years.

I squirted a dollop of cream on my finger, dotting it on the end of his nose too. "Of course not. We wouldn't want to ruin your bad boy image now, would we?" 

"Exactly, you know me too well." Liam smirked, grabbing his cutlery and digging himself into his food.

It wasn't long before breakfast was over, we were both so stuffed that we decided to save the remainders for Liam's dad when he woke up later on. Together we cleaned up the mess, and it wasn't long until the kitchen was spotless. 

Moments like these were ones I looked forward to in my future, spending my weekends cleaning the house with my husband and crazy messy breakfasts with my children. All of this, my future; it seemed so far away. But it had been something I'd planned and thought about since I was a young girl. Being a mum was and has always been my ultimate dream in life, some people say they want to grow up and become a fashion designer, or a actress; but not me, I want to be a mother - a proud one, a fantastic one. 

I'd gone through more than any normal teenager had, and I could only presume that would aid me in my adult life and potentially also help with my parenting skills. One thing I knew I was sure of was that I never want to grow up to become a parent like my mother, course she'd been amazing when I was younger - but right now, not believing her own daughter over a boy who had only been involved in our lives for a few years; it was wrong. I'd always believe my children no matter what, and I certainly now would look out for signs. Little did I know, that domestic abuse was a worry that I would carry for the rest of my life.

"Hello, earth to Grace?" Liam smirked, waving his hand in front of my eyes. 

I began to laugh, realising I'd once again gone off into my own little dream world.

I flacked his hand away, "Stop it Liam! What did you say?"

Liam rolled his eyes, sighing dramatically. "I knew you weren't listening! I said are you ready to go to the police station?"

"As ready as I will ever be." 

Even though I spoke those few words to Liam, my inner self thought different things. Inner Grace refused to leave the house, face Luke or the fact that the police had let him out. Liam and Hunter wanted an explanation, but did I? Not really, no. Going to the station would make it real, it would make the fact that Luke is walking the streets once again, a matter of truth and not one of my nightmares. And trust me, I've had many of them lately. All about him, and the agonising ways that Luke could ultimately end my life if he ever got me alone.