Living in Fear

Don't forget to vote, comment and add this book to your library for updates 🌸

***

Friday had finally arrived, and luckily I'd managed to avoid bumping into Luke and Abby at school all week. Hunter and Liam had kept a close eye on me from near and afar, and I felt secure knowing that they had my back. Weirdly it all seemed too good to be true, Luke leaving me alone so quickly was something I'd of never expected.

Olivia had conveniently been ignoring me since the news had spread across the school, and it had really upset me knowing she didn't want to speak to me. Liam had informed me that the two of them had an disagreement and were no longer speaking, he swore it wasn't about me but I know Liam's lying face anywhere and instantly I could tell he wasn't telling me the entire truth.

I'd spoken to Leo in Math's and we had agreed to go to the Cinema tonight, it was not a date and we mutually agreed it was a friend thing. Hunter usually had football training on a Friday night, but I was keen to speak to him tomorrow about today's events. None of it made sense in my brain, how we went from being friends to kissing intimately was beyond me. But then again, not a lot made sense at the moment. 

After a few hours spent of doing my makeup and hair, I was finally ready for my evening out with Leo. I waltzed down the stairs, excited for the evening ahead. Spending time with Leo always made me happy, and I could not wait for hours of giggles and smiles. 

"Where do you think your going Grace?" Mum scowled, her eyes trailing down my outfit of choice. 

I'd chosen a pretty blue skater dress, my bruises on my legs had finally faded and it was a perfect opportunity to embrace the end of the summer months. Once it was winter again in England, I would have to wrap up warm covering my body once again. 

"I have plans with a friend, we are going to the cinema Mum." I chirped, showcasing a gigantic smile. 

Mum laughed before yelling, "You are not going anywhere!" 

My eyebrows knitted together, "What? Why not? I've finished all my homework, and my rooms clean."

"The drama you caused with your lies this week was despicable, you completely embarrassed us! How could you accuse Luke of all those awful things after all he has done for you?" She asked, for a moment I didn't understand what she was saying. But then it hit me, the school had told them about the fight and my parents thought I was lying about the abuse too. 

"Mum, I wasn't lying! It's the truth, all of it is!" I yelled, feeling my heart rate begin to increase.

I took deep breaths, trying to maintain a normal level of calmness but it was no use. My mothers words had rattled me to core, knowing she didn't believe me was sickening. You'd think the woman who gave birth to me would know me well enough to trust that I would never lie about something as serious as this.

"None of this is true Grace! You want to leave Luke for somebody else, so you came up with some rubbish excuse to get him out of your life, and for everybody to feel sorry for you! It is not working on me, and it is not working on your stepfather either!" She spat, her face beginning to turn a tomato red. 

My loud, high pitched laugh filled the stairway, "Is that what Luke told you? That I was leaving him for somebody else?"

"Yes. Yes he did. You are one selfish and spiteful little girl Grace! I thought I raised you better than this." She shouted, her insulting words stabbing me right in the heart. 

I'd had enough of listening to her, what she believed right now was irrelevant. She believed that Luke was the innocent party, and an angel made in heaven. Just like Luke's parents she was convinced that he could do no wrong, and that was a perfect example of the evil side in Luke - his fake persona that is charming, sweet and kind made everybody fall under a spell when you first meet him. After all, I believed he was that caring boy; in reality he was the opposite.