three

.three
WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?

I DIDN'T KNOW HOW LONG I'd been left to die in here, but I knew I didn't have long left. Starvation and dehydration were starting to take its toll on me, I felt light headed, and weak, and like I'd lost weight too quickly. My clothes already were loose on me, and I had a feeling that my face had become more gaunt.

The cut down my face was healing, making my cheek feel tight whenever I moved it. However I could still feel the blood - but now dried - on my face, creating an itch that needed to be scratched. Closing my heavy eyes, I found myself thinking of that day again.

Dad and I jumped off Merle's motorbike, and together we walked towards the smoking RV. I rolled my eyes as everyone piled out and stood around, most of them waiting for the RV to be magnificently fixed. When they all started debating about what they should do, I walked away to a nearby car.

The car's boot opened easily, a quiet pop unheard over the conversation. A quiet 'hell yeah' left my lips as I looked at the jackpot of supplies I had found in the boot. I whistled for dad, his figure soon coming to my side.

"Look at this shit dad, we could probably get some useful stuff here" 

He grunted and nodded before turning around. Joining back into the conversation whilst I'd blocked it out again.

"Tucker stay close, listen out, shout me for help" my dad instructed after clicking his fingers to drag my attention from the scramble of cars and onto him. I nodded before turning around and walking towards the mess heap, dragging my hockey stick behind me.

Once I reached the cars I changed my usual heavy walk into light pads and picked up my stick. I stalked in silence, every so often leaning to look inside of cars. I was at my fourth car when I felt a little tug on the back of my t-shirt. I jumped and span around to attack the threat, but instantly relaxed when I saw that it was only Sophia standing innocently behind me.

"Don't do that, Soph" I breathed out, rolling my eyes as she giggled. "I mean it, I could've hurt you"

Sophia shrugged and stepped to the side of me, searching the car I was at, "I'm sorry, you just looked lonely"

"That's because I wanted to be alone" I muttered, turning around also to look inside the car. Sophia turned her head to me with judgment in her eye "What?"

"You sound just like Daryl" she sighed when she picked up an empty bag, throwing it to the floor behind us "I don't care if you want to be alone, no one should be alone anymore"

She was innocent, too innocent in a world we now live in. A world  the would chew and spit people out like her. I'd seen first hand what happened to innocent people, my mind thinking back to Amy's abrupt and unnecessary death. I also thought about the group my dad had told me about, how they also had a shoot out before it was revealed that they were caring for the elderly who'd been left behind. I doubted that they'd survive much longer.

It was dad's whistle what brought me away from my thoughts, my head shooting up and facing the exact direction it'd come from. I squinted my eyes, confused as to what motion he was doing with hishands. He had his crossbow in one hand, facing up, and his other hand was waving and then pointing down. He then pointed to his lips and motioned behind me, I slowly turned around only to spot what he was telling me.

A large swarm of walkers were slowing weaving their way through the cars, their groans now noticeable. Without hesitation I pulled Sophia from the car window, putting my hand over her mouth before she shouted and bent down to her ears.