thirtysix

.thirtysix
THE WHOLE PLAN AGAIN

I WAS WITH Abraham and the rest of the construction crew when dad came. Abraham had just finished showing me how it ran with the builders, explaining walker protocol and just introduced me. It was a strong group of people, all able to trust each other with their backs. Dad ran up the dirt path, whistling to catch my attention. Meeting him half way, I frowned at him.

"Rick's calling a meetin'" he muttered, Abraham stepping up to us "He found somethin', swarmin' with walkers. We need to sort it out before it bites us in the ass"

"Balls" Abraham sighed, waving his hand to catch the attention of the builders "Rick's calling a meeting, time to go"

Quickly the construction crew put down their tools and made their way down the path back to Alexandria. Dad and I followed at the back. I pulled out a cloth from my pocket and quickly wiped my ha ds as we walked. It was pretty much silence until we came to the gates of Alexandria, Dad finally piping up.

"You stick by me" he advised, I frowned at him.

"Why?" I asked, genually confused as to why dad felt the need to protect me at a simple meeting. I kept an eye on him as he looked away before locking eyes with me.

"He'll be there." he whispered. Instantly I knew who he was talking about. Nicholas was going to be at the meeting, despite all of the coward's methods to avoid me. I looked away from dad and nodded. He sighed "You don't have to go, I can fill you in. Rick will understand"

"It's fine" I brushed him off as I shook my head. I knew it was going to end up with me feeling like shit and being filled with the want to kill the bastard but I knew I'd be able to not kill him.

"Tuck-"

"I said its fucking fine!" I shouted before sighing, shaking my head as I looked away from dad "Sorry. I'll be okay, thanks"

~~~~~~~

Sitting on the windowsill in the corner next to dad, I bit my nail as I waited for it to begin. I did everything I could to avoid his gaze and I just knew he was doing the same. Everyone waited around in silence, Deanna stood with he back to everyone. Staring out of the window, she looked tense and it was clear that she was still being effected by Reg's death. Rick was practically running the place now because Deanna couldn't seem to leave her house anymore.

Everyone seemed to perk up when Rick stormed into the room, closely followed by Michonne and a couple others. He sighed when he stopped in the centre, hands on hips as he looked at everyone.

"I was outside the wall with Morgan" he started explaining "We came across a quarry, filled with walkers. How long has that been there?"

I shifted as I looked at everyone, watching as one of the long distance run people stepped forwards. I recalled his name being Heath, he'd returned recently but we hadn't had any actually interaction with each other. He anxiously adjusted the glasses with one hand.

"My team, we saw it early on, back when we were on one of those first scouts, finding out what was around here." he explained to Rick. His tone was serious, he understood the seriousness of the situation "There was a camp at the bottom. The people, they must have blocked the exits with one of those trucks back when everything started to go bad. They didn't make it. They were all roamers. Maybe a dozen of them."

"No one's been back since?" Maggie asked from her seat, turning her head around to look at the man. Heath shook his head no.

"DC, every town worth scavenging are all in the other direction." he replied, a humourless laugh escaping him "And I never really felt like having a picnic next to the camp that ate itself."