twentynine

.twentyeight
SNEAKING IN

LIGHT POOLED through the window as I slowly woke up. There was a quick flash of fear as I instantly didn't recognise where I was but the feeling of someone resting on my chest surprisingly calmed me down. Looking down at Noah, I smiled as I remembered what had happened the night before.

We hadn't done anything crazy but I still felt a blush start to creep up my neck as I stared down at the sleeping boy. It was strange to have someone this close to me but I kind of liked it. It was crazy how much I'd changed, before Noah you'd never see me with anyone and now I was happy to have him close. I fiddled with his hair gently, only pausing when he shifted or muttered something in his sleep.

There were two quick and sharp knocks at the door before it started to open, my focus from Noah completely forgotten as I snapped my head towards the door.

"Noah, do you know where Tucker is?" I heard Tara ask as she started to poke her head around the door. Shit, not now. I awkwardly tried to cover my chest, not really wanting people to see that. Tara and I locked eyes for a second, just staring at each other shocked. I blushed as she grinned "Oh there you are, your dad is looking for you" she said flippantly, pointing towards the sleeping Noah with a smirk "Should I tell him your busy?"

"Nah" my voice was husky as I spoke. I coughed awkwardly before continuing "I'll be right out"

With a chuckle, Tara nodded and closed the door. At the sound of it clicking shut, I huffed out a heavy breath and let my head fall down against the pillow. It had been so peaceful but now I knew Tara couldn't keep her mouth shut and I'd have to do the walk of shame home.

Moving carefully, I slipped away from under Noah, freezing when he squirmed slightly. When he calmed I finally broke away from him and layed the sheets over his body. In a brief moment of sincerity, I leant down and kissed his head.

I rushed the get dressed, quickly pulling my top over my head before yanking my pants over my legs. I scooped up my boots as I left the room, closing the door carefully behind me. I just needed to keep my head down and go quickly, no one could ask questions if I didn't stop to let them. Sighing, I started walking.

The house was suspiciously empty as I raced out of it, making me think that Noah and I had been the only ones there this morning. I quickly stepped out of the front door and practically jumped down the porch steps, yelping as a rock dug into one of my bare feet. Swearing under my breath, I took a second to look at the bottom of the foot to flick the small stone that had stuck to my skin off.

Walking again, I made sure to stay clear of as many rocks as possible. My steps were light as I tried to put the least amount of weight onto my feet so I didn't cause myself anymore discomfort. Pausing in front of my porch I stopped again as the house loomed over me. I owed dad an explanation if he was asking where I was, part of me wished it was only because of good things but I knew he'd probably scold me for not going home last night. Technically I was home just in the wrong house.

I was going to have to sneak into the house, my shoes in my hands as I quickly ran up the porch stairs. Carefully, I opened the door and practically tiptoed into the house. Closing the door as quietly as I could behind me, I turned on my heel to sneak to my room. At the sound of someone coughing I practically jumped out of my skin, yelping.

"Mornin" I rasped out, awkwardly nodding at everyone staring at me in the kitchen. Carol smirked at me before winking and continuing to do whatever she was doing. I jumped slightly when I saw dad stand in front of me, arms crossed as he frowned at me.

"Where the hell you been?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. I gulped and shrugged trying to wave him off as I side stepped past him. Tara chuckled from her spot on the counter and pointed towards the door.