3 - F@*% You

My entire body was stiff. I stretched my limbs. They made a cracking noise that felt wonderful. The bed beneath was luxurious and felt like silk against my skin. It was too nice and too comfortable to be my own. It took a moment for the words to register in my slow brain, and when I did, sleep completely wiped away from my tired eyes.

I bolted up from the bed, sweating. Black silk sheets covered the large king bed. A canopy of black hung above, giving the entire bed a more than comforting feel. Strings of diamonds and pearls hung down from above as a decoration, low enough to reach. They made a tinkling sound as a gust of wind blew in from the open balcony, which was as grand as a ballroom.

This was so not my home.

A watery image of Flora's little face rushed into my mind. This was the final straw to show that everything that had happened before was a hundred percent real. A shiver rose up as my bare feet touched the cold white tiles beneath, but I ignored it. Flashes of what happened last night rose in my head, adding to the increasing panic in my chest. I almost tripped and went sprawling on a tiger's head.

It was a carpet.

It was a friggin' carpet.

Lucian had a skinned tiger as a carpet.

It better have been fake. First of all, who was insane enough to buy such a thing? I don't even think it was legal to have this. Second of all, animal abuse. This was disgusting.

It was all too much for me. I had to go back home. Flora would surely hurt herself. She was 6 years old, for fuck's sake. I didn't care how far I was from Draycott. Mansions like this weren't anywhere close to my wretched town of London, but I had too much will to let that stop me. No lunatic would stand in the way of my little sister, even one that would give Adonis a run for his money.

Lucian was a crazy sociopath. Even after his eyes had turned that horrid yellow, I still refused to believe what he had said. It had to be a figment of my imagination, or some kind of new synthetic drug that made him like that. Truth be told, I had no idea what kind of drugs were sold around the street these days, so I wasn't one to make any harsh opinions. Many things didn't add up, but loose ties weren't my problem now. Flora was. Getting home and away from these crazy men was my problem, not glowing yellow eyes or fangs or sexual urges.

I pulled open the door, thinking it would lead me outside. A harsh aroma of perfume and vanilla rose up. Piles of clothes and expensive looking dresses hung from the enormous closet. I stared in awe. The shoes alone had to cost more than my savings from the last 10 years. And then I remembered Flora, and the desperate panic rose in my chest again.

I grabbed a pair of flats from the shelf. They still had the tags on it. Without looking at the price, I pulled them on and ran back into the room. Taking a deep breath, I was about to pull open the door when it opened by someone else. Lucian's blue eyes matched my furious glare. He looked tired, and for some reason, it was incredibly sexy to me.

"Victoria-"

Without waiting to see what Lucian had to say, I darted past him. My success was short-lived as an arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me back into something hard. His rough hands roped me into an unbreakable cage.

"Sorry, love, but you're not allowed to leave." His lips brushed gently against my ears when he spoke. In an instant my mind had clouded with images of us lying in bed together, to which I diligently pushed out. Taking a deep breath, I whirled around to face him. Red flared into my cheeks, and a burning anger rubbed my chest.

"You sick bastard!" I shrieked. Lucian looked surprised for some reason, and I used that moment to fight out of his grip. He rubbed his grey eyes tiredly and crossed his arms. Muscles bulged from his biceps but it didn't look like he was flexing. Not that I cared or anything. I forced myself to stare into his eyes to show that I wouldn't break so easily.