12 - Solution? Chocolate

Chocolate is amazing, okay? Chocolate is your friend. Chocolate doesn't argue with you. Chocolate doesn't judge you. And chocolate definitely does not bite your neck. Unlike some certain mutts. But this time, chocolate wouldn't fix anything. 

Maybe I should take up drinking instead.

It had been five minutes since Lucian flipped out and bit me. I was in the kitchen now, sobbing and shoving delicious little chocolates into my mouth. The box said Silva Vintages Chocolate Collection. Some of them even had real pieces of gold. For decoration. Is this really what rich people do with their money? How bored could you be to buy golden chocolates and a tiger carpet?

Honestly.

Flora was sitting on the counter, sucking a red lollipop that Vaughn had given to her. Even a 6-year-old could see what a hot mess her sister was. For the past five minutes, I stayed slumped against the refrigerator, sniffling and mentally stabbing him in my mind.

The place where Lucian bit me kept burning up in flashes of red hot pain. After a moment, I couldn't handle it anymore. Shoving the chocolates aside, I looked into the freezer and grabbed a pack of frozen peas. Flora watched me pitifully as I rested it against my neck like a parrot.

"Victoria, are you okay?" she asked worriedly. Her sweet little face was twisted into a frown. The lollipop had made a mess on her black dress. I stuck another chocolate into my mouth, wincing when a huge glop of bitter cherries came out. Wiping the tears away, I nodded.

I hated Lucian.

With a burning passion.

Just as I was imagining different ways to kill a werewolf, the devil himself strode into the kitchen. Of course, I should have known this would happen. Lucian was like the dark, brooding stranger in high school. The one every girl was secretly in love with. But this wasn't high school. Oh, what I'd give to be back in Calculus.

"Victori-"

"You shut up."

"Vic-"

"Fuck yourself."

"Liste-"

"Fall into a hole."

"Will you just-"

"Step on a Lego."

"Victoria!" Lucian growled. I quickly forced myself to swallow the insults laying on my tongue. Lucian sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose, like the stupid mutt had a problem with me. Um, no. Lucian was the one who couldn't loosen up and have some fun. Everything had to be all serious. Everything had to be his way, and I was sick of it. I was not the kind of girl who would just fall at a man's feet because he was so damn charming. I don't give up. 

"Why, Lucian?''

His eyes flashed. "I had to mark you sooner or later! Believe me Victoria, when I say that I did not mean for this to happen. I had a completely different scenario in mind, truly. I just...I lost control. You are always such a defiant little human but this honestly took the cake and I just lost it. Please. I'm sorry. What can I do to make you forgive me?" Lucian's voice was so soft and persuading that I nearly forgave him.

Nearly.

"You can leave me and Flora alone."

Lucian made a strangled noise in the back of his throat. "Something that is actually possible, love."

"Don't call me love. I'm not your love." I snarled, pushing the frozen peas harder against my neck as it flowered up in burns. What a sight I must have been, slumped against the refrigerator with chocolate wrappers around me and a pack of frozen peas on my neck. I didn't even want to imagine how my face looked.