28 - Sins of the Father

"Viktor, please." I begged. The shackles allowed just a few feet of movement around me. I felt like my wrists would crack under the pressure. Viktor walked around the room slowly. It looked like he was gliding. He came to a stop and rested in the shadows, the red eyes glowing against the darkness. I swallowed the lump in my throat. "If the bond is broken, then Lucian never loved me. I mean nothing to him now! Why would he even care anymore? I'm not his mate. Hurting me will not hurt him. Not anymore, Viktor. Please. I am of no use to you anymore."

A deep, chuckle came from the eyes. I could feel the vile stench of the bones rotting from the wall. My stomach lurked. My neck was searing hot with pain but it did not hurt as much as knowing that Lucian was forever gone from me. I felt like a piece of me had just died. Tears fell miserably on the cold ground. I would never see the sunlight again, or see Flora. I would die at the age of seventeen just because I was destined to be the mate of a hated Alpha. And I wasn't even his mate anymore.

"It was far too easy to take you, my dear. Such eagerness to see a woman who abandoned you for your entire life! Trust is the monster that bought you here, not me Victoria. You had been so desperate for a family. You wanted to be loved but you knew Lucian could not give you that. Werewolves cannot feel love, Victoria! Have you not figured that out yet? We are creatures of hate, the Devil's soldiers wearing skin." Viktor uttered angrily.

He stepped from the shadows and walked towards me. Fear made my head spin as I scrambled to move away, but the restraints and the wall behind stopped me. Viktor knelt towards me and examined my knee. There was a long, jagged scar with blistered flesh indented in my ivory skin. I had no idea where it came from, but it hurt. Viktor raked his nail down the raw bruise. Pain shot up my cramped leg. I screamed and kicked at nothing, mumbling incoherent pleads to Viktor. He smiled, watching me writhe in the pain he had just inflicted.

"Lucian wasn't." I shook my head, crying. "He is more human than you'll ever be, Viktor. L-Lucian and I had something before you destroyed it! I don't expect you to understand, so filled with hate and incapable of feeling anything other than the thirst for blood and death. Lucian will find me, I swear to you."

Viktor slammed his fist down on my leg, right over the bruise for the second time. I screamed again. Death seemed like a mercy now. I felt myself losing the will to fight anymore, along with my consciousness. There was only so much pain a person could take. I willed myself to pass out before Viktor could inflict any more torture. Tears fell on the disgusting dress he made me wear. My entire body burned with pain.

"Did he ever tell you that the reason my pack and his have been at war was because he burned my village to the ground?" In an instant he was in my face. I choked on the rancid smell coming from him. He slapped me across the face so hard that I felt the metallic taste of blood in my mouth. "Your high and mighty king is nothing more than a monster at heart, Victoria. Demetrius Nayati burned entire families in a rage because he could not find a mate in time before the Elders declared him a shame."

"That was his father!" I spat out the blood. "Not Lucian! He had no choice what his father had done!"

Viktor jammed his knife into my thigh. Pain flowered up from the spot like nothing I had ever felt before. I screamed in high pitch, sobbing. My head accidentally cracked against the wall behind me. A skull felt from above and shattered on the ground next to Viktor's feet. He smiled and pulled the knife out, making a point to twist it around to cause me even more hurt. I lost the ability to speak from the pain searing my entire body. Viktor grabbed my chin and forced me to look into his soulless eyes.

"The sins of the father are to be laid upon the children."