Alone

~Hannah's POV~

I dragged the suitcase down the hill of my backyard. The tears kept streaming down my face. I can't believe Adam had kicked me out. I was thirteen! Didn't he realize I sometimes said things I didn't mean?

Everything was so hard on me lately. It just made me so mad, I had to let it out. Adam didn't understand.

I thought he was the dad I had always wanted, but I guess I was wrong.

I dragged myself and the suitcase down the street. Where would I go? I couldn't go back to the orphanage. I couldn't go back home. I couldn't go to my friend's house and live there; my only friends either lived with me, or were in close contact with Adam, and would force me back home.

I wandered down the street, crossing the busy road connected to my neighborhood to get to Main Street.

Nobody in town noticed the crying girl with a torn-up suitcase wandering the road.

It was getting dark, so I took advantage of nobody being on the streets, since they had all gone home. I pulled out my penny board and rode it down the sidewalk, with my suitcase strapped to the back of it.

I wondered what Adam would tell the others when they realized that I was gone. He would probably lie to save himself from getting yelled at.

I looked at my watch- the watch Adam had gotten me for a welcome home present when he adopted me. It read 10:17. I had to stop somewhere to sleep, but I didn't know where.

I rode on for a while until I found a forest. I put my foot down and picked up my board. I dragged my suitcase and my board in one hand to the forest. I found a bush with a foot of empty space underneath it, and crawled in. I used my suitcase as a pillow, and took out my sweatshirt to use as a blanket.

I tried to get comfortable in the freezing February temperatures. But it was hopeless.

I wanted my own bed back, I wanted Winta, I wanted so much right now. And it had all been taken away from me.

I had nothing left.