Phone Call

~Rene's POV~

I immediately picked up my cell phone and dialed Jason, when Winta told me he had left the house to search for Hannah.

On the third ring, he picked up.

"Rene?" I heard him yell frantically.

"Yeah, it's me. Where are you?" I asked.

"Just driving onto Main Street. Where are you?" he responded.

"At home, about to give Adam the talk of his life," I replied. I put the phone between my ear and my shoulder, and balled my one hand into a fist, which I clapped into my other hand.

I picked the phone back up, continuing my conversation.

"Man, Adam really screwed up, didn't he?" Jason muttered.

I nodded my head.

"Absolutely," I decided.

I left Winta's room, and walked down the stairs.

"Well, wish me luck," I whispered, as I approached Adam, who was sitting on the living room couch with his head in his hands.

"Bye," Jason said. I hung up the phone, and put it in my pocket.

~~~

"Adam?" I put a gentle hand on Adam's shoulder. He didn't look up.

"Adam?" I repeated, looking at his red face from behind his hands.

"What?" Adam sobbed. He looked up, and I realized his face was blotchy, and he must have been crying for a while now.

"Why did you do this to Hannah?" I knew it must have been a touchy subject with him, but I needed answers.

"I- she- there's really no good answer," he moaned, putting his hands over his face again.

"You know Jason's looking for her, right? It's going to be alright," I tried to calm him down, but I was failing.

"It's not okay. She'll hate me forever. I already hate myself for what I've done," Adam groaned, and I saw a tear trickle down his cheek.

At that moment, my phone rang again.

It was Jason.

"Rene, you'll never believe who I found," Jason said, pure excitement in his voice.

(Author's note: Who do you think it is?

More to come!

Baiii all my little lions!

Join da pride today!)