Whew.

~Winta's POV~

I sat in my room for a while, crying quietly to myself. Okay, I lied about being quiet. I was full-blown having a sob-fest. I was panicking, how could I not? My best friend, one of my only, was found out cold on the street? That was something to worry about, for sure!

When I was done venting, I tried as calmly as possible to go downstairs. I saw Adam crying to himself on the sofa. Rene was in the kitchen, with her head in her hands, not making a sound. The only audible thing in the whole house was Adam's quiet weeping.

I sat on the other end of the couch, the one farthest from Adam.

He looked up, his eyes red and puffy, and his cheeks wet with tears. When he saw it was me, he got up and was about to leave the room when I stopped him.

"Hey Adam," I began. He swung around to face me.

"What do you want?" he asked.

"You know, you have to make it up to-" I was cut off by the house phone ringing. Rene ran for the counter in the kitchen. Beside the fridge, the little Verizon phone was beeping obnoxiously.

"Hello?" Rene picked up the phone. "Jason? What is it?"

Adam stood frozen, staring intently, listening to Rene. I sat there on the couch, barely breathing from suspense. (A/N: That's literally how you all get when I don't update for a day or two. I'm joking. Kind of.)

Rene's eyes got really wide.

"Wh-what?" she stammered.

"Okay. Thanks, Jason. Yes, I'll tell them," Rene hung the phone back up and turned to us.

"What is it?" I asked, pure concern in my voice.

"It's Hannah. The minute Jason told her they were going home, she freaked out and ran away. Right now, Jason's looking all over for her, but he thinks she ran onto a private road or something, where he can't get to her," Rene's face was pale.

I glared at Adam.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. Counting to ten. Focusing my energy.

But it didn't work. My anger flared up inside of me, and it broke out.

"DO YOU EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO HANNAH?! SHE IS TERRIFIED TO WALK THROUGH THAT DOOR BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU DID TO HER! DON'T YOU FEEL ANY SYMPATHY AT ALL FOR HER? YOU ARE A TRUE MONSTER, NO MATTER WHAT ALL OF YOUR FANS SAY! THEY DESERVE THE TRUTH! AND YOU KNOW WHAT HANNAH DESERVES? A DAD THAT WILL ACTUALLY LOVE HER, AND NEVER PUT HER THROUGH THIS! I HATE YOU ADAM DAHLBERG, AND I ALWAYS WILL!" At this, I flung myself off the couch, and stormed over to the front door. I threw it open, and stomped through, slamming the door behind me.

I kept running down the street, until I got to the park. The park where we had met that little girl back in December. To think, that was a whole year and a half ago. I plopped down on the swing, pushing off.

I despised Adam. Absolutely hated him for what he had done. I didn't care how hurt his feelings were. He deserved it. 100%.

Maybe even more.

I didn't care to think about the mean, cruel words I had said to him this past day.

I didn't care about any of them.

At the moment, all I cared about was Hannah.

Only Hannah.

And the most important thing?

Getting her back before something terrible happened.