Winta!

~Winta's POV~

"Over here!" I waved to Adam. Hannah and I had moved over to the bean bags in the corner of the living room. Well, it was more like behind the stairs, by the back door, but whatever.

He began the first step to come over to us, and suddenly, the back door slammed open.

A lady and a man rushed inside. They both had a mischievous look on their faces.

"We're here, Hannah!" The lady shouted.

I heard a gunshot, and soon realized the man had a gun.

Too bad I didn't realize sooner that it was pointed directly at me.

~Hannah's POV~

I hear a gunshot, and see a bullet whiz by the left side of my face.

"Good thing everyone's 'safe'," I think with a sigh of relief.

When I look to my left, I see Winta standing in shock, staring down at her leg.

My parents laugh evilly, running out the door, which blows shut behind them.

I start crying when I see a hole in Winta's leg, right overtop of where her knee. There's blood covering her once blue jeans, and it's still flowing.

"No!" I think to myself, trying my best to comfort her as we led her out to the car to rush to the hospital.

I lay her down in the backseat, sitting down next to her.

I look over her limp, yet still conscious self.

"I'm not going to make it... Am I?" Winta whispered.

"Of course you are! I know you will," Adam tells her from the front seat.

"I... Hannah..." she drifted off.

"No Winta, I'm not losing you," I think as we parked in front of the emergency room door.

Adam came in the back and picked up Winta bridal style, carrying her to the entrance. I unbuckled my seat belt, and followed suit.

When we got inside, Winta was rushed away to a surgery room to get the bullet removed.

Adam was allowed to go with her, but I had to stay back in the lobby, sitting in a plastic, uncomfortable chair, tapping my foot on the tile floor.

I wanted to cry; I wanted to let the tears spill, and let myself break down. Winta couldn't die. But I knew with all the blood she had lost, she had a slim chance of survival.

I did cry, eventually. Silent tears dropped down to the floor, but not without wetting my cheeks first.

I needed Winta to live; if she died, I would die on the inside.

~Winta's POV~

An unfamiliar darkness beckoned me. I squinted, trying to see anything in this endless maze of nothing.

A light at the end of the tunnel. That's what described the tiny speck of light that appeared many yards away from me.

I followed it, wanting to get away from the eternity of black that I was experiencing.

The light grew and grew, eventually engulfing me.

Where was I?

~~~

I shot upright in a hospital bed, my eyes fluttering open. I heard the beeping of a heart monitor, and saw some machines hooked up to me.

I immediately wished I hadn't sat up. My leg seared with pain. I looked down.

I was in an oversized hospital gown, so I couldn't see my injury. Then I remembered what had happened earlier.

A gunshot.

The pain screaming in my ears, taking over my body, sweeping over me.

I laid down once more, staring up at the ceiling. Obviously, my injury must not have been too terrible, seeing as how no nurses or anyone was in here to check on me.

I decided to go back to sleep, because whatever pain medication they gave me sure was making me tired.

~~~

I woke up again, but this time, the room was dark, and the only sound audible was the heart monitor.

"How are you feeling?" Adam scared me. I didn't realize he was still here.

"Pretty good," I said sleepily.

"That's good," he replied. It was dark. I could barely make out Adam's figure in the pale moonlight shining through the window.

"Adam? When can I go home?" I asked curiously. I didn't want to be stuck here.

"Soon," he replied. He probably didn't know.

I rolled over, and went back to sleep.

(Author's Note:

I don't have much to say. She's okay. Thank me later.

Baiii all my little lions!

Join da pride today!

P.S. This chapter is dedicated to budder_warrior0457.)