No...

~Hannah's POV~

...I heard the screeching of tires, and the honk of a horn.

I saw staring bystanders, and heard people screaming.

It was all happening so fast.

That's when I felt the car ram into my side, and my body was flung into the air.

And everything went black.

~Rene's POV~

Sirens. I heard lots of them while I sat on the couch, watching the news.

"Jason, what the heck do you think is going on out there?" I said, referring to the blaring sirens out there.

"I don't know, maybe they'll say something about it on the news. Keep watchin'," Jason said, sitting down across from me with a can of Coke.

He took a long sip, right as the news anchor cut to a different story.

"Breaking news, in downtown L.A. at exactly 2:07 p.m. Today-" I looked at the clock. It was 2:09. This must have been what the sirens were about. I leaned closer to the TV, intent on finding out what this was about.

"An out of control car was speeding down the road at a red light, and crashed into a thirteen year old girl-" My heart stopped. I knew, deep down, that must have been Hannah. Tears began welling up in my eyes, and I prayed she was okay.

"Who was later identified as Hannah Dahlberg, of the outskirts of L.A. Police said the car sent her into the air, and she was already unconscious when she hit the ground. The driver of the out of control vehicle is under custody for an unlicensed vehicle, and as for Hannah, police confirmed she is in the hospital with severe skull and other bone injuries."

Jason spit his Coke all over the TV.

He stood up, and I followed suit.

He ran outside.

"Adam! Get down here now! We're going to the hospital!" I yelled. Adam rushed down the stairs.

"What is it?" He asked.

"I'll tell you in the car! We don't have time!" I screamed. He followed me out the door, right as we ran into Winta. Her face went pale, but she nodded her head and stumbled into the car.

Adam climbed in after her, and I got in shotgun, with Jason speeding out of the driveway.

She had to be okay...

She had to be.

But right then, I didn't think it was an option.

~~~

In a quick seven minutes, we were in the hospital parking lot. We all rushed to the emergency room, and Adam checked in.

We impatiently sat in the waiting room, Winta crying into Adam's sleeve after we told her what had happened.

After twenty-one long, long minutes, tapping our feet and staring down the hall at the hospital rooms, the doctor finally came to get Adam.

"Adam Dahlberg?" the doctor called.

Adam stood up.

"That's me," he said.

"Mr. Dahlberg, I'm so sorry to inform you but..."

"SHE CANNOT BE DEAD!!! I WON'T ACCEPT IT!" Winta screamed, tears streaking her face.

"This can't be true..." Jason muttered, staring down at the floor.

"I.....Hannah..." Adam said, unable to find the words to describe what he was feeling.

I had nothing to say.

What could I?

My best friend was gone.

~~~

I stayed overnight in the hospital, in the room with Hannah. She looked so at peace, it was almost unreal.

In the morning, the doctor came in on his phone.

"Yes....I am so sorry, Mr. Dahlberg. It's all we can do....yes, okay....bye." the doctor hung up the phone and put it in his pocket.

"What is it?" I stood up from my position in a chair I had pushed over by Hannah's bed.

"It appears that..."