Getting To Know

~Jerome's POV~

~time skip of one week~

The week flew by, and soon enough, it was Saturday once again. Hannah came downstairs in the morning, and was greeted by just me and Mitch.

"Mornin'," she muttered.

"Hey," Mitch responded.

"I think this is the longest conversation you two have ever had," I acknowledged, still focused on my phone I had taken out. Mitch shrugged.

"I guess that's true," he agreed.

"Yeah. I still barely know you," Hannah replied.

"Well, what do ya wanna know?" Mitch asked.

"Um, I don't know!" Hannah admitted. "How about... What's your favorite color?"

"Red," Mitch replied, without hesitation.

I sighed. This was kinda boring, especially since I wasn't getting involved in it.

I climbed off the couch, and went up to my room to record something. Anything, really.

I felt like I should give Mitch and Hannah some alone time.

Especially after what Mitch had told me last night.

~Mitch's POV~

Spending some time in the living room, just Hannah and I, was great.

"What's your favorite animal?" Hannah asked. I guessed the whole "getting to know each other" was asking silly questions like this, just to see the answer.

"Pig," I replied. It wasn't true, I was just trying to move on with the conversation.

"I think mine's a horse," she replied. "Or a prairie dog."

"Prairie dog?" I questioned.

"Yeah," Hannah responded.

"Those little things you see at zoos, that live in holes under the ground, and pop their heads up? Prairie dogs," she explained.

"Oh," I said plainly.

"Um, How about your favorite place to go on vacation?" Hannah asked.

"I don't know. Ireland, I guess!" I replied, thinking for a moment.

"Lucky, you travel all over the place! The farthest I've been from home is like, three miles from here, at the orphanage," Hannah laughed.

"Next question..." I said, looking at the clock. It was still too early for the rest of the guys to be up, luckily. I didn't want this time with just us to end.

"Um... How about..." Hannah thought. She tapped her chin for a moment, thinking of a question.

"What was your life before Team-Crafted? I'll say what it was like before I was adopted," Hannah decided. I gulped nervously.

I had never told anyone about my past. The only one who knew was Jerome, because he had been there for it.

Oh dear.

I took a deep breath, and began.

"Okay, so..."

(Author's Note: Short chapter, I know I know! But I had a bit of writer's block.

There's only three more chapters left until the end, and then three author's notes.

Then we move onto the third book!

Wow, we've come so far!

And only .1k more until this book gets to 10k!

That's stunning!

Baiii all my little lions!

And be sure to join da pride today!)