Birthday!

~Hannah's POV~

~time skipper flipper to 8 A.M.~

I woke up sleepily, turning over to look at the clock on my side table.

It shone brightly in neon blue numbers. 8:12 A.M.

I reluctantly pulled myself out of bed, and trudged over to my door.

Twisting the knob, I made my way out of my bedroom, and into the hall.

Most of the doors upstairs in the hallway were closed shut, but only the doors to the bathroom and Quentin's recording room were open.

I figured everyone else was still sleeping, so I quietly shuffled down the stairs, into the living room.

When I got there, I saw that it was empty, to no surprise. There were streamers, balloons and banners all over that read "Happy Birthday!" And food in the kitchen, but none of the guys.

I was about to sit down on the couch and watch some Doctor Who or something when all the guys jumped up from various locations around the living room and kitchen, screaming,

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANNAH!"

I laughed with delight, but then I saw Ty looked confused.

"What's the matter, Ty?" I asked.

His cheeks flared up, red like a cherry, and he looked at the floor in embarrassment.

"Um... I didn't know what to say, so I screamed 'surprise,'" he laughed sheepishly.

I shrugged. "Who cares? Nobody!" I yelled happily. He smiled.

"So, what does da birthday girly want to have for breakfast?" Ian asked.

I thought for a moment. "Pancakes for everyone!" I shouted, racing to the cupboard to get the pancake mix.

Instead of getting out a pan and making pancakes like the guys assumed I would do, I tore open the box, and grabbed a handful of the powdery mix.

I threw it at Winta, and she laughed.

"What the heck?" she said, wiping the stuff out of her eyes.

"What? I promised pancakes!" I laughed, throwing mix at Jerome.

Jerome ran over to me, and grabbed the box out of my hand, running away from me. I chased after him, as he ran up the stairs.

"Hey, what are you-" I began. He started dumping the whole box down on top of everyone below.

"PANCAKES FOR EVERYONE!" He screamed, sending the box crashing to first floor, and later erupting in a puff of pancake mix.

We both looked over the railing, and began laughing hysterically.

The hardwood floor, and everyone (and everything) else was covered in the powdery dough stuff, and looking up at us. The box had landed square on top of Adam's head, and now it looked almost as if he had a hat on.

"Nice hat, Adam," I complimented him jokingly. He took the box off his head, and chucked it upwards at me, but it missed by a long shot.

"No wonder you're not a baseball player," Quentin said with a snicker. Adam glared at him sarcastically.

"Haha," he fake-laughed.

"But seriously, I want pancakes," I told Ian. He nodded, and walked over to the cupboard.

"Well, that's too bad. We're fresh out of pancake mix," Ian looked at me. I shrugged.

"Oh well?" I said quizzically, sending everyone into fits of laughter.

"Fine. I'll make a special birthday surprise for all of you," I smirked, walking downstairs. I shoved Ian playfully out of the way, and started grabbing stuff out of the cabinets.

"Oh gosh," I heard Winta mutter.

I threw everything into a pan, and began to cook it.

~~~

"Close your eyes," I demanded as soon as I had finished. I had set a place for everyone at the counter, and made them sit down.

I turned around to make sure everyone had their eyes closed, and sure enough, they did.

I put the "birthday surprise" on everyone's plates, and set the plates down by everyone.

When everyone had gotten their plate, I clapped my hand on the counter to let them know I was done. I would have clapped my hands together... but, you know. That's not possible.

"And... open your eyes!" I ordered. One by one, everyone opened their eyes, staring down at their plates in shock.

"PANCAKES FOR EVERYONE!" I shouted proudly.

"How did you make these?" Mitch stared at his plate in awe.

"Magic..." I said mysteriously, waving my hand around.

Then I shook my head. "Nah, I'm just kidding. There was a box of mix behind the candy jar," I shrugged.

They all started laughing, and dug in.

I joined them, setting a plate down next to Winta.

So far, this truly was the best birthday ever.

(Author's Note: PANCAKES FOR EVERYONE!

Baiiii all my little lions!

Five more chapters!

Join da pride today!)