Oh Snap

~Adam's POV~

I woke up in the morning extremely earlier than usual. It was 5 in the morning, and although I wanted to attempt falling back asleep, I decided to go downstairs and get something to eat, seeing as how my stomach was rumbling.

I tiptoed down the stairs, not wanting to wake anyone else. Man, I must not have been feeling like myself. Being quiet wasn't exactly my thing.

Anyways, I got downstairs and quietly trekked to the kitchen to grab some breakfast. To my surprise, when I turned away from the fridge, I saw Hannah laying on the couch, staring up at the ceiling.

"Rough night?" I assumed, since it appeared she had been down here for a while, just sulking.

She sat up, nodding.

She motioned to her throat, and made a pouty face.

It was pretty obvious she was miserable. She motioned again at her throat.

"Then what is it?" I asked.

"My throat's just sore," she croaked.

"Probably just a cold," I shrugged. She nodded in agreement.

"Did you have breakfast yet?" I asked. She shook her head in response, and rubbed her stomach.

"No, but I could definitely go for some food!"

I laughed.

"What'll it be?" I asked.

"Um... I like waffles."

She smiled innocently at me.

"Waffles it is," I said, grabbing the waffle iron out of the cabinet beside the fridge. I handed her a painkiller pill on the way, as instructed by the doctors at the hospital. She swallowed it quickly, without any water.

(A/N: Is it bad that whenever someone says waffle iron, I think of someone legitimately ironing a waffle and being like

Mmm yeah I like my waffles fresh and wrinkle free!

I have funny thoughts at weird times... And this is probably the weirdest one yet that I've ever had lol.)

I started cooking the waffles for Hannah, and sat at the counter with my phone. I checked for any new messages. There was one from...

The orphanage?

An orphanage we had adopted Hannah from two years ago?What could they possibly want?

I opened it up, and read it to myself.

Dear Adam Dahlberg,

I thought it best to inform you that we recently had some special visitors here at the orphanage.

They refused to give us their name, but insisted on seeing Hannah. They told us it was their "mission" to see her "once again."

You should most definitely be on the look out for these people.

A man in his late 30's, and a girl in her late 20's. Here is an attached photo of them when they were leaving the orphanage late last night:

{Attachment}

We wish for your safety, and this is all we can tell you for now.

From,

The Dalton Orphanage

Someone was out to get Hannah? I set down my phone, and Hannah could tell something was wrong.

She tilted her head in concern. "What is it?"

I shrugged it off, not wanting to worry her.

"Just a creepy fan letter, nothing much. Some fans get over-attached," I lied.

She nodded understandingly. Then the waffle iron beeped, and the lid popped up, revealing Hannah's breakfast. I put the waffles on a plate, and slid the plate down the counter to Hannah's seat at the table.

She dug in, and I turned the TV on to the news, switching the volume down so I wouldn't wake the others.

"And now onto a breaking news story. A couple- that was put in Dalton Prison, in a town just East of L.A.- that were sent there in 2005 for child abuse, have escaped, as of last night. They are supposedly on the hunt for their abused child, who sources claim was adopted out of the Dalton Orphanage a year and a half ago. The headmistress of the orphanage is concerned for everyone's safety, saying that this couple had come into the orphanage late last night, in search of an adopted girl named Hannah, who took up the name of Dahlberg, after being adopted in August of 2013. More on this story to come," the anchor said.

I heard a chair squeak behind me, as Hannah got up to face the TV.

"My parents are out of jail? What're we gonna do?"

Hannah frowned. Her face was pale.

"Don't worry. We're gonna protect you. No matter what. I can't lose you again," I assured her.

I heard a door creak open upstairs, and looked up to see Winta leaning over the railing.

"What's all the commotion?" she asked us.

"Um, this isn't easy to explain, but... Hannah's parents abused her when she was little, and were arrested, but now they've escaped from jail, and are looking for her," I stumbled to find the right words.

Winta smiled weakly.

"Well, no matter if your parents are out there looking for you, we'll protect you," Winta walked quickly down the stairs, and raced over to Hannah, patting her on the shoulder assuringly.

Hannah smiled, pleased with Winta's support.

I turned the TV off as they went to a boring story about something that wasn't the most important thing right now.

I had turned away from the girls for a few seconds, and when I turned away, they were gone.

"Where the heck?" I breathed.

"Over here!" Winta waved. They were sitting in the bean bag chairs by the back door.

I began to walk over to them when the back door slammed open.

"We're here, Hannah!" A lady screamed evilly.

A gunshot.

A scream.

No...

(Author's Note: This chappie is dedicated to the awesome Sidneytheman. Follow him!

Baiii all my little lions!

Join da pride today!)