Party Setup

(Author's Note: I will try my best to make these next seven chapters a bit more lengthier than usual, seeing how they are the last seven chapters. I hope you enjoy that little fact, and have fun reading!

-LimeLion)

~Mitch's POV~

Adam had tricked Hannah into thinking everyone else was asleep, and sent her up to bed.

We were all really hiding down in the basement, waiting to set up for the party we'd be throwing her tomorrow.

When Adam got Hannah upstairs, he came down the basement stairs to let us know.

"She's upstairs, I think she's sleeping now," Adam told us. I looked over at Jerome, snickering.

"Biggums, she has no clue what the Bacca and his buddies have planned," Jerome whispered to me.

"Mitch, Jerome, you get the presents out of the unfinished room. Winta, Rene, Ian, Jason, you set up the decorations in the living room. Quentin, Ryan, Ty, you get all the food set up in the kitchen. And I'll make sure everything runs smoothly, and I'll make sure Hannah stays upstairs, no matter what," Adam announced. We all nodded, and went to work setting up for Hannah's big party tomorrow.

~~~

Jerome and I scurried into the unfinished room, and behind the furnace. There were around twenty brightly wrapped bags and boxes of everything a soon-to-be fourteen year old could ever want.

We took three at a time, hurrying up and down the stairs with the gifts, and setting them in the living room, piled on the coffee table.

We repeated the process over and over and over again, until all the presents were out of their hiding spot.

I high-fived Jerome afterwards.

"Nice work, biggums," I complimented him.

"Yup. Only the best from the Pope Master of Power Moves!" he exclaimed.

I laughed as we headed upstairs for the final time of the night.

When we got to the kitchen, the clock on the wall read 12:03 A.M. Dang, it had been two hours since Hannah went upstairs! I didn't know what had taken us so long to get everything set up, but I knew it had taken a ton of time.

Winta, Rene, Ian and Jason were still setting up the decorations. There were balloons, streamers, banners and party hats strewn across the living room.

Quentin, Ty and Ryan were done setting up the snacks in bowls on the counter, and there was a birthday cake in the fridge.

Adam was up on the top step, looking at Hannah's bedroom door to make sure she didn't come out and see the big surprise.

Jason and Ian were still bringing boxes of balloons to blow up and streamers up from the basement. They had two more boxes to bring upstairs.

When they got the second to last one up to the living room, Ian lost his grip on the handle, and sent his half of the box crashing to the floor, creating a loud bang that echoed through the house.

"I think you might've just woken Hannah up," Adam said nervously.

They shrugged it off, and went downstairs to get the last box. When they attempted to set it gently on the hardwood floor, it made another quieter bang.

"Oh gosh," Adam exclaimed under his breath.

We all crossed our fingers, hoping we hadn't woken Hannah up.

I held my breath, and Jerome followed suit. We prayed she was a heavy sleeper, and hadn't heard the crashes.

My eyes widened when the door to Hannah's room creaked open, and I saw Hannah pop out from around the corner.

Luckily, she was still half-asleep, and didn't notice all the decorations. All she saw was that we were all downstairs.

"What the heck are you-" Hannah began.

"Don't worry about it," Adam said, shoving her back inside her room.

We all paused for a moment, waiting for Adam to come back and give us the signal to start up again.

He came back around the corner upstairs, and leaned over the railing, popping his thumbs in the air, signaling that Hannah was tucked away in her room again.

We all let out a gigantic sigh of relief, and went back to work on the party stuff.

~~~

An hour later, it was entirely finished.

Streamers were hung from the railing all the way down the stairs to the living room, balloons were floating around everywhere, and banners that yelled "Happy Birthday!" were strung above the TV and couches.

The presents were stacked high on the coffee table, and snacks and drinks were spread across the kitchen.

It was perfect.

"Well, I'm gonna go crash," Winta declared, making her way upstairs.

"Like Ian and the box?" Ryan joked.

"Shut up," Ian said sarcastically.

Most of the guys, Winta and Rene went upstairs to sleep, at least for a few hours before we had to come downstairs again.

Jerome and I stayed downstairs.

"What do you wanna do?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Wanna watch a movie?" I suggested. "Sure," he agreed.

"What movie?" I questioned.

He shrugged again. "You pick," he decided.

I smirked and grabbed the scariest movie I could find out of our selection.

When it began playing, Jerome groaned.

"Oh gosh, not Paranormal Activity again." I nodded, grinning evilly.

"What? I thought nothing could scare the almighty Bacca," I reminded him.

"That's right," he agreed, puffing up his chest to look all tough.

I laughed slightly, and the movie began.

~~~

~Rene's POV~

A few hours after everyone went upstairs, I woke up, full of excitement. I was so happy for Hannah, she was finally getting the chance to celebrate her birthday properly, unlike at the orphanage.

From what Hannah had said, I got the impression that it wasn't anything special, just a song and a soggy slice of chocolate cake with blue icing.

I knew what we had planned today for Hannah was definitely going to be above her expectations.

I couldn't wait to see we reaction when she came downstairs and saw all the decorations, and food, as well as the gifts neatly wrapped and sitting on the table, waiting to be opened.

It would be, to say the least, a priceless moment.

And I hoped it made her smile, after so many weeks of having no reason to.