27 | real life

i love this chapter.

-------

Sophie was in her room pacing back and forth freaking out. Today was the day she was going to tell Tom she had strong feelings for him. "Tom, um, i-i like you? What the fuck Sophie you're telling him you like him not scaring him away." she speaks to herself alone in her hotel room. She knows if she doesn't do it now, she'll regret it.

But little does she know Tom is doing the exact same thing in his hotel room.

"Sophie, hey! I actually have- uh something to tell you. I've had-no. Ever since that day at the fair last wee- no! Tom, you're an actor you can do this." He mumbles to himself. "Tom? Who are you talking to? It's Chris, you have a scene with me in like 20 minutes." Chris calls from the other side of the door. Tom jumps at the sudden noise of his voice and replies, "Um- okay!" and rushes to the door.

"Who were you talking to?" Chris asks. Tom blushes, "Myself.." he mumbles. "Why? We're you looking over the script or?" Chris furrows his eyebrows together, very confused on why Tom was speaking to himself. "No uh, actually after I'm finished shooting my scene with you I'm meeting up with Sophie, and- well I'm gonna tell her how I feel."

Chris gasps. "Oh my god the tophie ship is becoming official." Tom rolls his eyes. "Maybe. I don't know how she feels!" Chris just laughs at him. He lightly slaps his back, "You kids are oblivious. Good luck man." Tom watches Chris in confusion as they separate in their individual trailers.

---

"Em, I'm freaking out. Tom will be here to pick me up in like 15 minutes and I'm freaking out." Sophie says on the phone with Emily. "Woah okay relax. Deep breaths Soph. Tom is your best friend, well aside from me but thats not the point. You'll be fine." Emily tries to calm her down. Emily seems fine while talking to Sophie, but in the inside she's very excited Sophie is finally telling Tom. She's been bugging her for days and todays finally the day.

Sophie hears a knock on her door. "Shit he's here okay bye." Sophie whispers into her phone. "Good lu-" Before Emily could finish her sentence, Sophie hung up. Tom and Sophie both take deep breaths before Sophie swings the door open to reveal a smiling Tom. "You look great! Well not that you usually don't look great, I mean you always look great-" Tom rambles on, obviously nervous. Sophie cuts him off, "Tom, thank you. Should we go?" Tom smiles. "Yeah, lets go."

---

"I was thinking we could have kind of a chill day today. Grab some food at the cafe place we both love then just go back to my hotel and watch a couple films or shows." Tom says driving the car. Sophie smiles and nods. "Sounds good."

They walk into their favourite cafe together and ordered some food. But before Sophie could order Tom already knew what she wanted and ordered for her. "Wow, you know me a little too well." Sophie teases. Tom takes out his wallet to pay but looks up and sees Sophie already payed for both meals. "Sophie." Tom whines. "You always pay for me! It's only fair." The lady at the counter laughs at the two. "Aren't you two adorable." They both shake their heads. "Oh we're not dating." Sophie laughs. "I never asked if you were." The lady smiles and walks away to get their food. The two just stood there shocked as they grabbed a seat and waited for their food.

They grabbed their food and headed for the car and on the ride back to Tom's hotel, they couldn't stop blasting One Direction music. Even though they were getting weird looks from others at stoplights, they didn't care because they were having fun together.

---

In the middle of watching Friends, Tom realized he hasn't said a word about his feelings towards Sophie. So he paused the TV and turned to face Sophie. "Tom, why'd you pause it! Rachel was just about to confess her feelings to Ross!" Sophie whined. "How ironic" Tom thought. "I really need to talk to you." Tom says. Sophie realized he's being serious and faced him. "Whats wrong?"

Tom took a deep breath and played with his fingers. "Sophie, ever since the day I met you, you always made my day brighter. We instantly clicked as friends and I always have such a better day when I realize I get to see you that very same day. I now realize this kind of sounds like a proposal so I'm just going to cut to the chase. Sophie, I have very strong feelings for you. Since that day at the fair I realized how much more you mean to me than just a best friend. Now I completely understand if you don't feel the same way back, I just thought I needed you to kn-" Sophie cuts Tom off with a kiss.

Tom was surprised at first but instantly kisses her back. His hands lead to Sophie's waist as her hands reach around the back of Tom's neck. They both feel sparks as their lips touched which made them smile into the kiss.

They pull apart and let their foreheads touch. "I feel the exact same way, Tom. You're the one I want." She whispers, a bit out of breath from the kiss. They both smile and Tom leans back to kiss her once again.

Sophie and Tom were both at the highest points of their life right in this moment. Just being present together in each others arms made the both of them so content.

Sophie decided she should get going, but Tom insisted her to stay.

"Tom, I have no clothes." Tom just smirked. "I wouldn't mind if you slept naked." Sophie gasped and threw a pillow at Tom. "I'm sorry! But seriously, you can just wear my clothes for the night and wear the same clothes tomorrow. Stay with me, please?" Sophie sighed. "Fine, just for tonight since it's late. Where are your clothes?" Tom got up and threw her some clothes that were twice the size bigger than Sophie.

Once Sophie came out of the bathroom in Tom clothes, he laughed, "You look adorable." Sophie just frowns and crawls into bed with Tom. He kisses Sophie's forehead as they cuddle. "Goodnight, darling." And with that, the two went to sleep in each others arms.

-------

i literally almost started crying while writing this chapter omg i really hope y'all liked this one bc i know i did!!!!

alSO WHAT THE HELL WE HIT 2K READS ?? OH MY G OD?? thank you!!!!!! i'm so glad y'all are enjoying the book even if i'm not uploading as much as i used to 😅 I LOVE YOU ALL.