57 | real life

–––––––

A knock was heard at Sophie's hotel room. She knew right away it was Chris, so she ran and opened the door.

Chris looked at Sophie. Her eyes were red and puffy, her hair was all messed up, and she looked way too tired. He saw how broken she was, he felt as if he would touch her she'd break.

"Thank you for coming," Sophie broke the silence, "I'm sorry if it caused you trouble." Chris just hugged her. "I'm always here if you need help."

Chris sat on the couch while Sophie made her way to the bed. "I hate seeing you like this, what happened? Did Tom hurt you?" Chris asked, he knew she was sensitive to the question as she looked down, wiping more tears away from her cheeks.

"Quite the opposite, actually." Sophie answered. Chris was surprised, how could a sweet soul hurt the man she loves? "Remember Alex?" Sophie continued. Chris nods. "He messaged me the other day, he said he need to talk to me. I immediately declined, wanting nothing to do with him. But then he mentioned something bad happened to his sister. And his sister is the sweetest girl you will ever meet. She's fourteen years old and just looks at life how everyone should. She's so kind hearted and enthusiastic, quite the opposite of her brother really." Sophie laughed at the thought of Ana, the girl with the kindest soul. "He told me that something not good happened to her, he told me not to tell anyone and, I thought if I haven't told Tom that he would understand, but I guess you know how that went."

Chris was a great listener, that's why he was Sophie's favourite (besides Tom of course). "Anyway, the news was, she," Sophie had to pause, "she has cancer. It tore me apart, the sweetest, kindest, loveliest little girl in the world was struck with a curse. Alex was a bigger mess, that's why he wanted to talk to me. I was close with his sister and only I would understand him ranting about it. He refused a therapist, he needed someone he could trust, oddly enough that person was me." Sophie was crying even more now. She just got told horrible news one day, and the next day the worst possible thing happened to her.

"God, I can't even imagine what you're going through," Says Chris, tearing up just hearing the story. "You have to tell Tom about this, he will understand-"

"But Alex, he told me not to tell anyone! I already broke his rules by telling you." Sophie exclaims. "What's the worst he's gonna do, hurt you?" Chris said, getting a tiniest bit annoyed by how stubborn Sophie was being. But by the silence after what he said, Chris immediately felt guilty.

"Sophie, has Alex.. hit you before?" Chris says softly. It took Sophie a while but she slowly nodded her head.

Chris stood up from the couch to hug her. "Why haven't you told anyone about this? Have you told Emily?" Sophie shook her head, "You're the first person to know."

"He's not gonna hurt you. Ever. You've got team cap and team iron man on your si-"

"Please don't tell anyone." Sophie said. Chris let go of her, looking at her as if she was crazy. "Are you nuts? Soph, this was abuse, I know it's hard to talk about but this is serious."

"People think of me as a strong women who is a role model for so many people, I'd hate to let them down knowing I was weak." Sophie says.

"If anything, this makes you stronger. Please never think low of yourself, you deserve better than this." Chris hates seeing her upset, he only wants what's best for important people in his life, as Sophie was definitely one of them.

Sophie just smiled as a way to say thank you. "I should go, it's getting late." Chris gets up and grabs his belongings. "Do you have a hotel room?" Sophie asks. Chris nods, "I'm in the room right below, I'm here for a week so if you need anything, just stomp and I'll be here in 10 seconds" Chris jokes, making Sophie laugh.

"Thank you, Chris. I mean it." Sophie says before he leaves.

"Just promise me one thing. You'll work things out with Tom and tell him the truth." Chris looks her in the eyes.

Sophie thinks about it for a second. She loves Tom, so god damn much. Why would she let a silly lie get in between their relationship?

"I'll do my best." Sophie smiles. As Chris leaves Sophie tucks her self to bed thinking about how the hell shes gonna get her Tommy back.

––––––

oof, this was an emotional one, this was also written on my phone so sorry if there are any mistakes.