42 | real life

–––––––

"Ugh don't go" Sophie frowned as Tom was packing. Tom and Haz were going back to England to go visit their families. it's been a couple months and their families miss them a bunch. "I'm going to be back in a month, love. It won't be too long. Plus, once i get back we start filming!" Tom tried to cheer her up. "I know, i'm just gonna miss you." says Sophie. Tom stopped packing to walk up to her and kiss Sophie on the forehead. "I'll miss you too, darling. But i'll be back"

"When do you plan on visiting your family?" asks Tom. "Well since we have a month until shooting and you're gone, me and Em are probably gonna fly back to Vancouver in a couple weeks." Sophie explains. "I keep forgetting you're Canadian." Tom says. Sophie just smiles at him. "We better get going or you're going to be late for your flight."

–––

Sophie drove Tom and Haz to the airport, and Emily decided to join. Going back to the airport reminds Sophie of the first time she had to leave Tom back in Atlanta. Once Sophie found a parking spot, they got out of the car and made their ways into the airport.

"Tom, please don't get cheesy like last time, i was crying the whole plane ride." Sophie laughed and so did Tom. Haz and Emily decided to have their own little private goodbye, so it was just the two lovers left who had to say goodbye. "It's only a month, love." They kissed each other as if it was their last. They hated goodbyes, but as long as they knew they were going to see each other again, they still kept smiles on their faces.

Once they parted Sophie looked over at Haz and Emily to see how they're holding up. Seems like they were doing just fine as their lips were locked to one another. "Finally." Tom says, making Sophie giggle. Tom yelled from across the room, "Atta boy mate!" Which caused Harrison and Emily to part and look over at us, blushing. We just laughed and walked towards them.

"About time you guys get together!" Sophie says. "Shut up." Emily lightly pushes Sophie while she just laughs. Sophie went to hug Haz to say goodbye as Emily hugged Tom as well.

"See you two in a month." Says Tom. He kisses Sophie on last time and Haz gives Emily another hug. They turned around and disappeared through the doors.

"So, you and Haz?" Sophie jokes. "We've been together for like three weeks, Soph." Emily informs Sophie. "What?! It's been three weeks and you never told me?!" Emily laughs, "Oops?" Sophie pushes her as the get into the car together. Emily decided to drive since Sophie drove to the airport.

"So are we planning on visiting our families in a couple weeks?" Asks Emily. Sophie nods, "Yeah, haven't been in Van City in forever! I miss the place."

Sophie suddenly feels a vibration in her pocket. She checks her phone and sees someone is calling her. And ironically enough, it was a caller from Vancouver.

"Hello?" Sophie answers the phone. Her face drained as she heard the lady from the other side of the line. She wanted to burst into tears right where she is. She immediately hung up. "Soph? What's wrong? Who was that?" Emily asks very confused and finding it a bit difficult to drive while she is worrying about her best friend.

"Change of plans about Vancouver, we need to go now." Sophie says wiping the tears on her face. "What? Why?" Emily keeps asking.

"That was a call from a hospital in Vancouver, my brother got in a car accident."

–––

Sophie and Emily took the first plane back to Vancouver that very same day. Sophie couldn't stop worrying. 3 hours on the plane couldn't be longer.

Sophie's older brother, Jonah, is one of Sophie's favourite people. As kids they were so close, they would tell each other almost everything. Most siblings always fight with each other, but not them. So when she got the news that Jonah was in an accident, she couldn't help but cry. In fact, they entire plane ride to Vancouver Emily had to calm her down.

Once they reached the hospital Sophie sprinted to the receptionist. "I'm here for Jonah Hills, I'm her sister and i was reported he was in an accident. Can i please go see him." Sophie says running out of breath, Emily walks beside her rubbing her back, "I'm with her."

"8th floor room 853" The lady says, Sophie nods and runs the elevator. "Oh god i hope he's okay." She wanted to cry but she couldn't. She believes that she has cried so much there are no more tears to come out of her eyes.

The elevator door opens and Emily sprints out of there looking around for room 853. "848. 849. 850. 851. 852. 853!! Here!" she takes a deep breath before opening the door slowly to see her dad at the end of the bed. She walks forward more to see Jonah, lying on the bed unconscious with many tubes attached to him and lots of bruises and casts around him while her mother is holding his hand.

Her dad notices she walked in the room and gave her a hug. "Hi sweetie." Sophie just keeps staring at her brother as she hugs him back. "Hi mom, hey dad. I got the first flight here as soon as i heard what happened, is he okay?" She chokes up on her words as she lets the tears stream down her face.

She walks towards the bed and holds his other hand, waiting for an answer. "The drunk driver ran on a red light at 120 mph which caused the car to flip and-" Her mother just looks up at her with tears in her eyes and says,

"Jonah's in a coma."

–––––––

emotional chapter wow