50 | real life

–––––––

"I'm so sorry, he didn't make it."

Tears wouldn't stop flowing from her eyes. Tom was in shock too, no one could believe it. Sophie's parents hugged each other. At this moment it was a waterworks show.

Sophie took one last look at her brother. She wishes she could see him smile again. See him laugh. He didn't deserve this. At this point Sophie was sobbing. Hiccups leaving her mouth every now and then. It truly was the definition of an 'ugly cry'. She held onto Tom tight as he rubbed his hands on her back, comforting her.

But then she started getting a phone call.

"Soph," says Tom, "Answer your phone." Sophie ignores him, "Sophie baby c'mon don't make me answer it for you." but once again. Sophie does nothing.

"Fuckin' hell." Says Tom, shaking Sophie lightly.

And from that movement. She woke up.

"Babe please answer your phone. It's two in the morning." She looks over to see Tom mumbling into his pillow. That was a dream? She thinks. It felt way too real.

"Sorry Tom." Sophie says while she grabs her phone and swipes from left to right, answering the call but not bothering to check the contact name. "Hello?" asks Sophie. "Hello, can we please speak to Sophie Hills?" Says the lady on the other line. "This is she." Sophie tried to be quiet for she doesn't want to wake Tom up once again. But as soon she she heard what the lady on the line said, she had to stop herself from shaking Tom to wake him up.

"This is the Vancouver Hospital and i'm here to inform you that your brother, Jonah Hills, has woken up from his coma."

Sophie nearly screamed. She started questioning the lady things like, "Your joking?!", "Can I see him?", and even things like "Am I being punked?". The lady just laughs, "No, you are not being 'punked' and yes you may see him as soon as you like, but i would recommend coming later on in the day seeing as it is 2:30 in the morning, you and your brother must get some rest."

"Um well okay.." Sophie looks over at Tom. He looked so peaceful, and even though she wanted to see her brother as soon as possible, Tom made her want to wait, she didn't want to wake him, he looked exhausted from their little Vancouver tour the day before, plus, she knows he is definitely not a morning person.

So she hangs up the phone and tucks herself back beside him. And even though he's in deep sleep, Tom wraps his arms around Sophie, almost as if it's a reflex, Sophie smiles, and as much as she tries and tries to fall asleep, her eyelids don't even bother on closing unless she blinks. Next thing she knows, it's soon 9:00 am.

"Tom, babe wake up I have some good news." Sophie whispers to his chest. "Mmfffm.. in a couple minutes" Mumbles Tom as he cuddles closer to Sophie. "Seriously, if Jonah woke up, you can too." Sophie smiles, after over a month of Jonah being in a coma, he's finally awake, and she couldn't wait for Tom to meet him.

Tom instantly woke up, "Wait, what?" Sophie just laughs. "You better get your ass up and ready in the next ten minutes because I need to go see him now." Tom just grabs her and kisses her. She kisses back but shortly pulls away, "Morning breath." She scrunches up her nose and laughs, Tom just rolls his eyes.

They gather their stuff and head to the car. During the whole ride to the hospital, Sophie was nervous. She was nervous, but excited. She hasn't seen her brother in months before the accident. They still talked before since they were super close, but she's afraid he might've changed after the accident.

-

Once they arrived at the hospital, Sophie rushed to her brothers room. But Tom stopped her.

"What's wrong, Tom?" She asks, holding onto Tom's hand. "I-I don't know. I just- I'm nervous." Tom scratches the back of his neck. Sophie then smiles at him. "Hey, my parents love you. And i know for a fact my brother will too." She leans up and kisses him on the cheek, hoping to make him feel better.

Tom just takes a deep breath and nervously smiles. "Okay. Let's go."

They rush to Jonah's room and slowly head inside. They first thing she sees is her father at he edge of the bed, smiling at his son. Her father notices and gestures her and Tom to come in. She walks further until she finally sees her brother, awake and smiling.

She almost pounces on Jonah to hug him. Tears started coming out of her eyes from happiness. "I'm so glad you're okay." Says Sophie, who could not stop smiling. "Hello to you too little sis." He laughs.

Jonah's gaze suddenly turned to an awkward looking Tom. Tom already said hello to Sophie's parents, not to mention earning a huge hug from Andrew, Sophie's father. Sophie eventually gets off of Jonah, turns to Tom and laughs at how nervous he's acting.

"I've never seen him this nervous since the Civil War premiere." She chuckled. "Ahh, so this is Tom? The boy you've been talking about before my accident? You're boyfriend?" Says Jonah, trying to sound intimidating. Everyone in the room rolls their eyes - except for Tom, in fact he's kinda shitting his pants - knowing what Jonah is doing.

"U-uh yeah. I'm the- the boyfriend." Tom stutters. "Oh cut it out Jonah! You're scaring the poor kid!" Says Alice, Sophie's mother.

"Alright, hey I'm sorry, I'm sure you're aware of who I am, and I am very aware of who you are. So no need for introductions." Says Jonah. "You've seen my movies?" Tom asks, wondering how he's 'very aware of who he is'. "I've seen Civil War once, and can I just say, great job." Jonah continues, "Sophie here has been talking about you-"

"Woah, woah, woah. He doesn't need to know that." Sophie interrupts, laughing nervously. "Oh but I want to." Tom smirks. Sophie just rolls her eyes at him.

"You heard the boy!" said Jonah, "anyways, as I was saying. Sophie and I are very close, so while she was in Atlanta and while she was hanging out with you, she's been telling me about you. And all I'm gonna say is I'm really glad you make her really happy." Tom smiles, looking at Sophie and walking towards her to put his arm around her. Sophie looks up at him, blushing.

"She makes me really happy too."

–––––––

weird way to end this chapter lol sorry i had writers block 293 times while writing this whoops.