Ch 5 - Your POV - Boundaries

"I don't think I've ever seen a dress you weren't pretty in."

I tried not to blush at Jungkook's compliment, but he made it difficult. Unlike Jimin, Jungkook gave out compliments sparingly. I could tell they were genuine. Jimin gave out compliments like breath mints.

"Thank you, Jungkook." I said. "You've always been kind to me."

"And I'll continue to be. I know this is hard on you. Let me know if I can do anything to make it easier."

His eyes shined. I wished I could wrap my arms around him and hug him. He was the only bit of comfort I had through this whole thing. My parents and Jimin's parents were over-joyed at my marriage. At the other end of the spectrum, Jimin barely spoke to me. The only person that recognized that I was in any pain was Jungkook.

Keep it together, [Y/N]. You're married now. You can't think like that.

"That means a lot to me, but you have your own duties." I said. "You're not responsible for me."

He stared at me for a moment, those deep eyes catching small bits of the light in them. "Your happiness means a lot to me, [Y/N]. I hope you know that."

Before I could respond, he kissed my cheek. His lips were warm against my skin.

"W-what was that for?" I asked.

He smirked. "So you don't forget."

"Can I cut in?"

We both turned to Jin's shining smile. He held his hand out to me, raising his eyebrows in an adorable manner. Jungkook hesitated, but eventually put my hand in Jin's.

"Until the next time, Y/N."

Jungkook smirked at me again, then walked off the dance floor. I couldn't help but notice Jimin off to the side, his dark eyes watching Jungkook's every step as he walked away. His eyes shot back over to me.

I tried not to shudder.

Jin's arms pulling me into a dance stance stole my attention. "Shall we?"

I nodded, smiling.

"I don't know who I should apologize for first," Jin said. "My brother or my cousin."

"You don't need to apologize for anyone, Jin."

He sighed. "Neither one of them are any good with boundaries. You'll need to keep them in their places. Understand?"

I nodded.

But I didn't know how I was going to keep boundaries with them when I couldn't even keep myself in line.

Thinking of Jungkook's lips on my cheek, I couldn't stop my heart from fluttering.

*****

The reception continued late into the night. Most of the royal family retired early to bed, while the hospitality of the castle remained open until midnight. I had lost Jimin in the crowd so many times that I decided he had no interest in keeping track of me either.

Instead, I left the reception and wandered around the walls that were now my new home. I couldn't say I was any more uncomfortable here than I was in my own home. All stone walls looked the same.

After a bit of wandering, I came across two large wooden doors. Organ music played faintly behind it. Not wanting to disturb it, I leaned my head against the wall and listened. Eventually I shut my eyes, letting each of my worries fall with each note.

Until I heard footsteps.

I opened my eyes to see Jimin in front of me. His face was as stoic as the walls.

"You left?" he asked.

I looked away, nodding. "I thought I might go to bed early. I wanted to be well rested for the family brunch tomorrow."

"Ah, right. That. Speaking of family, I think there's something we need to talk about..."

The door behind us creaked open, and Priest Lee's warm smile came from the other side.

"Ah, my newlyweds! Forgive me! Did I interrupt a romantic rendezvous?"

Jimin cleared his throat and turned his head away. I looked down at the floor. I had a feeling the term romantic wouldn't be used between us any time soon. If ever.

Priest Lee threw one arm over each of us. "I won't lie to either one of you. Marriage is hard work. And the circumstances you two are under will make it harder. But marriage is also meant to be enjoyed."

Jimin and I exchanged an uncomfortable glance.

"Take it one day at a time." he continued. "Learn to appreciate each other's company. If not..."

He pulled us in, lowering his voice.

"... that tropical honeymoon vacation of yours is going to be incredibly uncomfortable."

He let us go and walked away. Jimin looked just as panicked as I felt.

"Wait," we both said at the same time. "What?"