Ch 35 - Your POV - Remedies

A/N: Hey, fam! Thank you so much for your encouraging words in the last update. Your comments always give me courage and motivation. It means the world to me. Thank you. ^^

Also, it might be 2-3 weeks before the next update. I have to work overtime this week, and there are a few work projects I have to take care of. I'll update as soon as I can. Promise!

Now! Onto the story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"He's been suffering from insomnia." the doctor said.

I looked over at Jimin, who was unconscious in his bed. He was so pale. Still and lifeless. Almost like the night he had a panic attack. I knew he was stressed, but I hadn't realized how much. 

"Will he be okay?" I asked.

The doctor nodded. "He needs lots of rest. Keep the room dark, and don't let him near sugar or caffeine. Make sure his stress levels stay down. Give him the melatonin I prescribed if he's having trouble sleeping. "

I nodded. "Thank you."

When the doctor left, I turned back to Jimin. Everyone had gone to bed for the evening, but now I was the one unable to sleep.

I sat next to his bed, looking as his resting face. His soft eyelashes, his strong jaw, his shallow breath... They were all mesmerizing. I watched him, praying that strength would return to him. After everything that happened, he needed it.

I touched my side, thinking of Jimin's bedside manner after I was shot. I hadn't expected such care. Jungkook had always been the one to take care of me; to make me feel safe. He was my dearest friend aside from Hanna, and I loved him for it.

I didn't love Jimin at first. I was afraid of him. I was afraid he would hurt me like Father did. I was afraid he would never love me. So I never loved him. I stayed as far away as I could.

That is, until my birthday celebration.

My birthday was a few months after our engagement was announced. I knew it would be awkward to spend it with a man I barely knew, who told me to never expect love in our marriage.

At the event, we were expected to dance together. He took me in his arms, in front of a million people I didn't know. I was so anxious that I wanted to throw up. I wanted to run away and never come back. I wouldn't go back to father, to Jimin, to anyone. I would disappear into nothing.

Before I could do any of that, Jimin pulled me in close to him, leaning into my ear.

"Just follow me," he said as the music began. "I may not get everything right, but I'll make sure you won't get hurt."

Then he gave me the most beautiful, genuine smile. I knew he was making a joke about not stepping on my feet, but those words meant so much more to me than that.

So I stayed. 

And now, here I was.

I ran my fingers in his hair, feeling how soft it was on my fingertips. He stirred, looking up at me through half-opened eyes.

"Y/N...? Are you here?"

I nodded. "Rest."

He weakly grabbed my hand and pulled me down next to him. His arms wrapped around me as he nuzzled my hair. He was hot and sticky, beads of sweat on his forehead and arms. But on the other hand, his skin felt warm as it touched mine.