Ch 26 - Jimin POV -Schemes

She was going to be furious.

I was excited.

If there was anything that could get a rise out of Y/N, it would be this. I could hardly wait to find her and tell her the terrible news. I was sure she would yell at me. Hit me, maybe? It was going to be fun to see her face scrunch up in that little way she did it.

I had to find her and tell her my idea.

She wasn't in her usual places – the gardens, the library, or her room - so I decided to try Suho and see if he knew where she was.

I didn't have to ask him. She was in the surveillance room with Jin. Talking to Sydney.

"It's all being taken care of, Princess." Sydney told her, not looking up from her computer monitor. "There's nothing for you to worry about."

"There's plenty for me to worry about." Y/N replied. "There has to be something I can do."

"He's my responsibility."

"He's my husband."

Oooh. Y/N was already irritated. This could be fun to watch too.

I cocked my head to the side. Wait. What did she just call me?

"Sydney," Jin interjected, ruining the fun. "You said that the leak was from my kingdom. You may have a responsibility to him, but Jimin is family. If my family is in danger, I'm the one to take care of it. Please give us something we can do to help."

My heart sank in my chest. Jin was always like that. The ultimate protector of the family. Whenever there was danger, he stepped in to absorb it.

I, on the other hand, was the useless cousin. I was cherished by my parents. Even with my ridiculous brother, there wasn't a scar on my body.

Jin, Namjoon, and Jungkook didn't have the same fortune.

I'll never get married. Jungkook had told me when he started high school. Love is just for appearances anyways, isn't it? At least for people like us. Right, Jimin?

I knew he didn't mean it then, but I know why he said it. All I could do at the time was throw my arm around him and suggest that we go get spicy noodles.

I always told myself if there was something I could give him to make up for it, I would.

Looking at Y/N, I realized I couldn't. It was too late now.

I... couldn't give him anything. 

I put on my best smile. "Stop spoiling me, Jin. You're worse than Mother sometimes."

Everyone looked to me.

"Is there something important I missed?" I asked.

Sydney stood to greet me. "Nothing for the moment. No status updates."

Y/n started to object. "With the party coming..."

"I know." Sydney replied, cutting her off. "We're doing everything we can to make sure Jimin stays safe."

"Still," Y/n continued, "after last time, I don't think there can be too much concern for his well-being."