Ch 13.5 - The Contact

"He's here."

Suho's head shot up. "Take me to him."

Kai led Suho to one of the barest of the security rooms, with only a table, a few chairs, and a security camera. Surrounded by guards, a man with a five o'clock shadow and wrinkled clothes sat at the table

Suho stood, glaring down at him. "You got a name?"

The man shrugged.

Suho sat down. "We understand you're part of a group targeting our future king?"

"Eh. A lot of people target politicians. I have nothing to do with that."

"You have something to do with it." Kai chimed in. "We found a duplicate of the castle's blueprints in his house."

Suho clicked his tongue. "Not exactly something you can buy at your local grocery store."

"Sure you can." the man replied, with a grin. "It's right next to the Frosted Flakes."

Suho grunted.

"Where did you get the blueprints?" Kai asked.

The man's skinny shoulders dropped to one side as he slouched. "You expect me to just tell you just because you asked with that pretty face of yours? Forget it."

"You're suspect for conspiracy and treason." Suho reminded him. "You can be executed on one of those alone. But if you tell us who your contact is, we might be able to cut you a deal."

The man whistled through his gaping teeth as he chuckled. "There are worse things than execution."

Kai waved over another guard, who handed him an envelope. Kai handed it to Suho.

"This might help."

Suho raised an eyebrow as he pulled out the contents of the envelope. A few papers and a picture were inside. Suho looked up at Kai, eyes wide.

This was dirty even for Kai. But it would do.

Suho threw the papers in front of the man. "Does this help?"

The man's face paled. He started to reach out for the papers, but decided not to touch them.

"Come on, man." he pleaded. "Why do you have to bring her into this?"

Suho shrugged. "We don't. That's up to you."

The man's eyes darted between Kai and Suho. He exhaled.

"I got it from a guy who has a contact with a guard at the castle. Don't ask me which guard. I don't know names, and I don't know details."

"So it is one of us." Suho grumbled, eyeing his men. "Looks like I have to comb through every last one of you."

"Hey, buddy." the man said, his confidence recovered. "I never said the guard was from this castle."