Ch 15 - Your POV - Want

"I didn't expect you to get here so fast." I said.

Jungkook smiled. "It's the first time you called me. It helps to own a private jet, too."

I laughed. "It comes in handy."

"You said you needed my help?" he asked. "What is it?"

Even though I had been trying to figure out what I was going to say for the last few hours, I still didn't know how to answer him.

"I'll give you whatever you want, Y/N." he said. "You know that."

"I'm afraid you'll get mad at me."

"When have I ever been mad at you?"

He smiled. He had a point. Jungkook had never lost his temper with me. If I was safe with anyone, it was him.

"I... I don't know how to help Jimin." I admitted.

His eyes narrowed in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"There are countless people helping him. Except me. I've been nothing but useless."

He scoffed. "You've put up with Jimin's nonsense for the last year. He acts like a spoiled child and you still treat him with respect. That's more than he deserves."

"Jungkook..."

He gripped his hair. "Ah, he makes me so angry! He has you and still..." He cut himself off. "Nevermind."

My eyes dropped to the floor, unsure of what to say.

There was a pause.

"All right." he finally said. "I'll help. But I'm doing it for you. The longer Jimin is in danger, the longer you're in danger too."

"Royalty is always in danger. You know that."

"That doesn't mean I can't protect you."

I smiled. His words felt so warm. It made me want to wrap my arms around him. 

No. I had to stop thinking like that.

"Y/N," he continued. "I want you to know that if –"

Someone cleared their throat behind us.

Jimin stood with his hands in his pockets, glaring at the both of us.

"Since when do you show up at my home unannounced?" Jimin asked.

Jungkook shrugged. "You do it to Jin all the time. Just letting you know what it feels like."

Jimin's lips pulled to the side. He turned his gaze to me.

"I need to talk to you."

I wasn't sure I wanted to talk to him. Not after everything with that woman. Just thinking about it made me nauseous.

I didn't move.

He reached out for my hand, but Jungkook stood between us. "If she doesn't want to go with you, she doesn't have to."

Jimin rolled his eyes and laughed. "Stay out of things that don't concern you, Jungkook."

"If it concerns Y/N, it concerns me."

I stopped breathing, looking between them. They stared at each other, the muscles tightening in Jungkook's neck like a cat before striking. I swallowed. That couldn't be good. And I didn't want anything to happen to either one of them.