Ch 30 - Jimin POV - Life and Death

I was covered with blood, but I didn't care. Ruined clothes were the last thing on my mind. Mother, however, thought otherwise.

"Rinse off and put these on," she said, handing me a folded pile of clothes and towel.

"Is this important right now?" I replied, almost yelling. "Y/N's been shot..."

"And you'll want to be clean when she wakes up."

I rolled my eyes. "Is this another appearances thing? To make me look like I'm in control? I don't need it. I don't need to look like a king right now."

My hands shook. I couldn't keep my legs still. Just picturing Y/N on the operating table as the surgeons tried to remove the bullet...

Mother grabbed my face between her hands and made me look at her. "It's not for you. It's for her. Do you think she'll want to see her blood all over you when she wakes up?"

I glanced at my clothes. My shoulders dropped as I tried to steady my breath. She took it as an agreement.

"Rinse off. Change. When she wakes up, she'll want to see her prince charming."

I tried to ignore the tears coming to my eyes. "What if she doesn't wake up...?"

She pulled me into her arms and hugged me. "She'll wake up."

I stepped into the shower and watched as the blood cascaded off my body, spinning down the drain. Y/N's blood. Who the hell would try to kill my wife? Who put the bullet in her side?

The doctors thought it missed the organs, but they couldn't be sure. Such a low shot. Why such a low shot? Snipers went for the head or chest. This one aimed below the ribs.

I turned the shower off.

Her stomach. The bastard was aiming for her stomach.

This was all my fault.

I went back to the waiting room. Both my family and Y/N's family were there. My parents and Y/N's parents were quietly talking. Jin was talking to Hanna. Jungkook sat with his elbows on his knees, rocking back and forth. Sehun sat next to him, staring at the wall.

I sat across from him.

This was your doing, wasn't it? You'll pay for this.

His eyes studied mine for a moment. He looked away.

Pastor Lee came in shortly after.

"What's the news?" he asked.

"Nothing quite yet," Mother replied. "We'll know more within the next hour."

"No better time for prayer. Come."

He began to pray aloud, but I couldn't focus on his words. All I could do was beg whoever was listening.

Don't let her die. Please don't let her die.

"When Y/N wakes up, we're taking her back home."

I rose my head as Martin's words cut through my thoughts. "What?"

"It's too dangerous for her here," he continued. "She should stay safely at home until you find out who's behind this whole mess. It's obvious that security is laxed around here."