Chapter 7: Second Meet and Greet

Rachel’s POV

I got some great news from James, I am not sure how to tell Selena though. I guess she will figure out when we get there. I told James to take me somewhere and so he did. I explained everything to Selena about how James is my brother. She understood and was still a little shocked she hasn’t seen any of the guys, aside from James, since the hospital which was almost a week ago. I on the other hand I saw the guys constantly. Some more than others. I think I actually like Danny but I refuse to become soft. I will not change.

“Turn up here.” I said pointing left. James did as I said without question, he must truly trust me.

“Where are we even going?” Selena said.

“You will see when we get there.” I was being such a tease. “Turn up this hill. Now see that house? Pull in here.” I jumped out of the car and then got Selena as well. “James stay here. Don’t move, well you can breath and answer the phone but that is it!” I was in a very demanding mood.

I dragged Selena up the hill to the weird looking barn.

“This isn’t like a murder suicide, right?” She was so worried.

“JOE GET OVER HERE!!!!” I was hollering to the person we were here for.

“Yes?!” He replied obviously too lazy to come down from the loft area.

“It’s Rachel I have my half do you have yours?!” I yelled back at him. I then heard him coming down.

“Wait, your half? What is this!? You’re trading your best friend off to this random dude named Joe?!” She exclaimed.

“Here” He handed me an envelope I looked inside and handed him my envelope. He looked inside and nodded. “Alright thanks I hope those are good enough for your specifications.” He said.

“I am sure they will be fine.” I said as I guided Selena out.

“And this is for you.” I said handing her the envelope once I took her “prize” out of the envelope that I had just gotten and put it in an envelope I already had. At first her look was confused then she was catching on I noticed she was about to say something but I silenced her.

“Thanks Rach.” She said very smiley.

“But what are these for?” Selena asked.

“We are going to go on a little field trip to say the least.” I said smirking. James knew what I was talking about though Selena was confused as fuck.

Selena’s POV

I don’t get what Rachel is trying to do, but apparently James does. I like to see when James smiles. I just feel like he deserves it also Rachel smiles whenever he does.

“So where are we going now?” I was going to beg for an answer.

“Wouldn’t you like to know?” James said teasingly.

“Fuck you.” I said.

“I know you would love to.” He said. I rolled my eyes and he just chuckled. Sometimes I feel like he was my own brother the way we argued. I was just hoping that I would see the band again. I decided to “fall asleep” if there is one thing I can do right (when I don’t have a replica razor in my pocket) it would be eavesdropping.

“I think she is passed out” Rachel said excitingly.

“Probably so I guess you can tell her this time since I spoiled it last time.” James said.