Chapter 11: Stand Up and Sing

“More like here I go.” I tried backing off the stage when I ran into someone.

“Hi, Sam. Can I get by?” He shook his head. “You’re not gonna let me get off what-so-ever are you.” He gave me a “What do you think” kind of look. I sighed.

“Why am I up here?”

“I thought you would love to be up here.” Ben said as I walked toward him.

“No, but there are obviously other people that would so pick one of them.”

“But how do I know if they have a voice as amazing as yours?”

“Fine, but someone else has to come up as well. A person of my choice.” I said and scanning the crowd making other people think they had a chance. “Rachel.” I smirked at her.

Ashley picked her up bridal style and almost dropped her while tripping up the stairs.

“Tada, another beautiful girl, how many more.” Ashley said while setting down Rachel. Rachel tried walking off behind him when I grabbed her arm.

“And where exactly do you think you’re going?” I asked.

“I am not staying up here. I can promise you that.”  She said trying to get out of my grip which was no use.

“Come on, I think people should know how good of a team we make.” I said while guiding her to a mic.

“This is A Single Moment of Sincerity!” Danny said as they all began. Everything felt so surreal. I felt like I was walking on water from up here. I felt above it all. I was in my own world. I only heard certain parts of the song.

I walked around the stage flipping my hair it was really fun.

Still I’m not for giving you. What has happened between us? What can I give to save us?” Rachel and I sang. “Being righteous isn’t quite enough. What’s happened between us? What can I give to save me?”

“These oceans lye far between us. When breathing has got too hard. These oceans lye far between us. When breathing has got too hard.” Ben and I sang while looking at each other. I just has a flashback of him pinning me down again. I don’t understand these feelings honestly I haven’t even known him for that long this can’t be love, right?

“Hold my breath!” Danny, Rachel, and I screamed in unison once the song ended.

Ben whispered in my ear. “Two more?” I nodded my head in response. Ben told me that they were going to play Someone, Somewhere I saw a guitar and since I know all the chords I decided to be impressive. Rachel knew what I was doing so she grabbed the extra bass. We are exceptional if I do say so myself.

I opened singing. “Even though I’m on my own. I’m never that alone ‘cause I know that there’s someone somewhere.” Danny took it away and I was playing the same chords as Ben and we were rocking together. Rachel and I sang the chorus together by ourselves we felt amazing she had the biggest smile on her face. As I was singing the second chorus I was looking at Andy who was smiling and taking pictures making me blush like crazy out of pure embarrassment.

Ben and Danny had told us before that they were going to close with Not the American Average, so Rachel and I made it apparent at the end while they were transitioning songs.

“Sadly lastly is Not the American Average!”

“ONE TWO THREE FOUR!”  Rachel and I have a bit of screaming experience and screamed that while Danny scream his part.

Come on baby, keep it down. Honey, shush your lips. Clothes trailing from the back door to the bedroom and I don't even know your name.” Rachel took it over from there while I focused on trying to simultaneously squat with the rest of the band. Not an easy task. I had another flashback to the same night when we got closer to Ben’s part.

One step too last, and I never told you that I can’t take another disappointment. Breathing and grasping all leads to another messy ending. Breathing and grasping all leads to another messy ending.” Ben, Rachel and I sang together hand in hand (it was Rachel holding my hand, me holding Ben and Rachel’s hands, and Ben holding my hand). I felt blank as I was singing.

At the end of the song Rachel and I looked at each other and the looked at Ben and Danny. “Fucking bitch.”

************************************************************************************************************

Listening to: Someone, Somewhere by Asking Alexandria (I have it on repeat haha)

Sorry for the shortness and lameness. Hope it's good enough any ideas for new chapters after the next one or 2 that i post I will dedicate a chapter to you