August

The surge of rage could have powered the Shanghai Transrapid train such was Caitlin's temper at the humiliation of being stood up. After rushing down to the bombed out Church and missing out on her favourite film Breakfast at Tiffany's, Caitlin had nothing but anger towards Calam.

A poor busker who was killing Oasis's 'Don't look back in anger,' received a deadly glare from Caitlin who did not find the irony amusing.

Had Calam got cold feet? She could understand that after all Caitlin had messed him around. However considering what the pair had experienced Caitlin felt she deserved at least a text to say he wasn't turning up. Instead Calam had dished out a revenge that not even Caitlin thought Calam was capable of. All around her as the time slowly ticked away Caitlin could feel the sudden stares and the knowing looks of being stood up.

The loud clack of her Sandals reverberated around the street as Caitlin made her way to the Kasbah cafe. Fun was what the Doctor would prescribe and with a bit of luck that Adonis, Zeca would be there. True he was a complete meathead but he knew how to be charming and have a good time as she entered the door with the bell clanging.

'Hola!'

Zeca grinned as he saw Caitlin looking hot in a pretty summer dress. He could sense the primeval lust wafting from Caitlin as she confidently strolled forward to order a Moroccan mint tea and sat down by him.

'So what are you up to?'

'I can think of a few things,' Zeca smiled. Yes their relationship was a love hate one but at least it had more passion than his marriage. Since they had wed it had all been moaning although the kids could also have their moments.

'Cool. I'm up for a bit of fun.'

Half an hour later Caitlin had forgotten about that sinking humiliating feeling as she laughed at a funny story told by Zeca. It still didn't stop her looking at her phone for a message from Calam as Zeca suggested moving on to somewhere intimate.

Calam and Caitlin's light switch relationship has been switched on again

In Vanessa's opinion there was nothing better than rubbing your feet through the luscious soft grass.  With a blue sky embracing the warm weather and a day away from work with her best friend Caitlin who was now sprawled out in the grass. 

'Do you fancy going to Tancy's tomorrow night?  Rich from KES is doing a acoustic set.'

There was a slight pause as Vanessa arched her head quizzically as normally Caitlin would jump at the chance to watch Rich.  Granted it wasn't her type of music but music especially live surged like electricity through Vanessa's veins.

'I'm going with Calam.'  The words were forced out like the last bit of toothpaste and with the wariness of a suspect being questioned. 

A huge mischevious laugh broke out from Vanessa who cackled like a witch.

'What?'

'You're back with Calam!  Again?'

Caitlin breathed hard through her nose with her brown eyes darkening at the expected onslaught from her best friend. 

'Yes.'

'I shouldn't be surprised but I thought that was it last time and that was a while ago.'