Chapter 1

"Mum I'm taking him now, bloody chill out please"

"Charlie Grace Jones don't you dare tell me to chill out and watch that language of yours"

Well that's her, the women that calls me by my ridiculous name, she gave me sixteen years ago, but only when I do something wrong, obviously.

I always thought it was quite irritating, that you can't decide your own name, it belongs to you, and you'll be the one to deal with it for the rest of your life. But no, my mother decided to call me 'Charlie,' as if she was expecting a boy. Thanks to my friends I now also appear to be a boy, having the nicknames of, Charles, Lee and Jonesy...

great.

-

Me and Alfie walked down the road of our street, our being mine and Alfie being my dog. A chocolate lab to be exact, not that I chose him, if I had my choice he'd be an Alsatian called Harley, but I guess not everything goes the way you would of liked it. Don't get me wrong he's a great dog, he wouldn't hurt a fly, but majority of people are fooled by his bear type structure, or the way he pounds towards anything moving, just to be nosey. It probably doesn't help we don't live in a quite, how would you put it... posh area. So a massive dog off a leash running towards you, isn't usually a good thing.

I got him when I was twelve, paid half for him as well, two-hundred quid coming out of a twelve year olds pocket, seemed like the end of the world back then.

Due to him belonging to me, it includes the walking, playing, picking up mess and feeding, I've got out of most of them, the walking bit....

I'm still working on.

It's just the idea of walking around for an hour or more, is pure torture, even worse in the rain. Thanks to what I call home sweet home, England, it is known for it, so that just makes it even more enjoyable. But thanks to my lovely home of London, it was a little more interesting.

I walk up the flat stairs to Thea's door, knocking twice. The door opens with Mr. Harris smiling on the other side, before his smile drops a little to the sight of Alf.

"Charlie you know it's always a pleasure to see you although," Clive looks down at Alf the love he had for dogs trying so hard not to show. Before he moved back to London he had two labs but had no choice than to give them up, when he moved back, "Alf isn't allowed in the building you know this"

"I know, I know. I just don't wanna leave him down stairs, you know by himself" I tried to give my best act of an apologetic smile, but Clive was like a second dad and knew it wasn't going to be the last time.

"You never listen Charlie, just smile and act your way out of things" he puts a serious tone against his voice, but we both know he's joking.

"Well you have known me for eight years now Clive, you think you would of caught on"

"I guess you're right, anyway how's Chris?"

Chris is my step dad, him and Clive have been best mates since way back. Clive moved with his parents and they gradually lost touch for a couple years, but met up again when he moved back. That's also how me and Thea met, eight years ago.

"Yeah he is alright, busy as usual"

"Well tell him I'll give him a call tomorrow or something, so he better not ignore it"

"I will don't worry"

"Good, anyway I'll go get Thea as I doubt you came to see me"

"Thanks Clive"

I wait outside before seeing a mixture of grey and pink through the crack of the open door, come tumbling across their living room.

"Hey, what's up?" Thea seemed to be a simple girl, straight to the point she was to other people, to me she was a person other people wouldn't recognise. Clever, sarcastic and witty was Thea Harris in one.