Chapter 18

Charlie's POV

"I've really had a great night Charlie, would I be able to take you out again?" Tate was what my mum would call, husband material.

He was well mannered, clever, confident and clearly attractive, I could probably take him home now and she'd be planning a wedding.

"I think that could be arranged," I offer him a small smile, feeling the nerves in my stomach begin to bunch up.

"Well thank god you didn't say no," his smile was wide and charming, his teeth in perfect alignment, standing out in the dark.

I looked up to catch his eye line, his smile started to fade and I could feel the tension build.

He was getting closer to me, way too close.

He was leaning in, and so was I.

His lips just brushed against mine, he ever so slightly pulled back, my eyes reopening to look at his.

"May I kiss you?" My mouth went dry and my mind started to spin.

"Yes"

His lips came down on mine, and just before it could even get good, the door opened.

"Weylyn?" My jaw had hit the floor, and my eyes were beaming out their sockets.

"Charlie I think it's time you went to bed." His voice was stern and his eyes were pitch black.

The wine we had at the restaurant had now defiantly gone to my head, I was one hundred percent seeing things.

Weylyn was not in my house and his eyes were defiantly not pools of darkness.

"I think Charlie can make up her own mind," I turned to Tate who I had completely forgot was here for a second.

"I don't think I asked for your opinion, so don't give it. Charlie upstairs now." My head was flipping back and forth between the two dominant men, my mind a haze on whether to submit to Weylyn or listen to Tate.

"Well I guess I gave my opinion anyways pup," Weylyn let out a growl, his eyes starting to flicker with gold streaks.

"You better watch your tongue and address me properly before I cut it from your mouth."

"I answer to your father, not you, so don't forget that," Tate turned to me and gave me a small smile, "Night Charlie I'll message you soon."

-
"Why the fuck did you let him in my house?" Jord, Jen and Thea were silent their faces looking like white sheets.

Weylyn was currently downstairs, refusing to leave till I was in bed.. 'safe,' as he put it.

"He just turned up Char to see you."
"We felt sorry turning him away."
"Then he said he would wait, it's kinda cute."

They all helped each other form a decent explanation. I couldn't be angry at them, when in fact I was angry at Weylyn.

"It's not 'kinda cute' it's kinda stalker ish," I roll my eyes leaving them to then find Weylyn sitting at the very same table we played twenty-one questions on.

"What's your deal Weylyn?" I sit opposite him looking straight into his eyes which were now their natural oak brown.

"I don't understand," he states just as hard back, maybe even harder, as if he'd like to kill me right on the spot.

"Well I'll kindly explain, you talk to me like I'm stupid, but then the next minute you're being all controlling and protective, then you're occasionally sweet, and as soon as I start to like you, you turn into a complete jerk, so explain why you're so fucking hot then cold."

I think the girls must have heard me mid rant, as all three creeped down the stairs and straight out the front door, I'd also rose from my seat now pacing the kitchen as I put my argument out into the air.

"You like me?" His eyes were narrowed as if I'd hurt his feelings.

"So from all that, that's the only bit you're worried about, if someone actually likes you Weylyn?"

"I'm not worried, I don't care," he shrugs his shoulders being his obnoxious self again.

"Good, because I don't like you," his eyebrows rose and a smirk formed upon his lips.

"You don't.. no?" He stood up from his chair slowly making baby steps towards me.

"No I don't, because unlike Jen, Jord and Thea I'm not going to swoon over your dark personality and your tall, dark looks."

"Dark looks?"

"And your stupid bed hair"

"Bed hair?" He shook his head a little pretending to actually care how it looked.

"Oh and how the fuck can you look, as well as act so big and bad but have a face scattered with freckles, it makes no sense you just look cute," the words tumbled out my mouth before I had chance to comprehend the mistake I had just done.

"I'm cute?" His eyes beamed and he eventually showed of his pearly whites.

"No."

"But-"

"But nothing okay, I didn't mean to say that, you infuriate me, you boss me about, you're always in my business, I can't even breath without you being mad at me," I caught my breath, turning to face Weylyn again after my little burst of anger, to now be met with his nose inches away from mine.

I looked up into his eyes, my breath hitches, I didn't even realise we were this close. I could see every freckle perfectly, I was so close I could probably start counting them.

"Don't even think about counting my freckles," his stern voice made me jump a little, but his eyes grabbed me straight back towards him.

"I wasn't going to do that" I lied, I might of tried, "have you never heard of personal space?"

Weylyn let's out a small chuckle looking towards the ground before returning back to my eye level. His find swipes up to my face, as his fingers push back the curls of hair that had now fallen in front of my eyes.

"If I'm too close, push me away" it took me a few seconds to realise what he had said, or maybe it hadn't, maybe I just didn't want him to move from where he was.

I don't think I was thinking, all I knew was I had this large amount of confidence that had been found from a couple glasses of wine and Weylyn was really looking quite beautiful.

I pushed my face forward to fill the tiniest gap we still had, my lips now just gently touching his. I assumed he would pull away but instead he wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me in closer. 

Our lips started to move together in sync, as if we'd done it a hundred times, it felt so natural, I felt so safe and comfortable in his hold.

I hated what this man was doing to me, I felt vulnerable around him, I felt like I wanted him to have me... all of me.