Chapter 3

A morning person, I was not.

The feeling of having to get out of the warm cocoon I had made for myself, was not my utter most favourite thing to do.

-

Mondays weren't actually the worst days, first lesson at eleven, while some others had to be in at nine. I'd honestly say Thursdays are the worst, I get Wednesday and Friday off, so that day in between stopping me from having an extra long weekend, annoys me more than any Monday.

I start to walk towards the social area near the entrance of college where we usually all meet, it was the normal warm muggy day, so I decided with a pair of my ripped jeans, trusty red converse and white Blur t-shirt, nothing to fancy as usual.

I walked through the social doors, turning to the right end corner, and there as predicted was the clan, Thea, Joel and Jordynn were talking on the left sofa, while Ava and Kai were both sat on their laptops.

"Leeeeee" before even sitting down, Joel jumps up from the sofa mid-conversation to indulge me in one of his big bear hugs. Joel wasn't the biggest guy in college, but he defiantly was up there with them, he was about 6"1 in height which always felt a big comparison to my 5"8, and he was a gym worshiper. Him and Jordynn were both fitness crazy, they went to the gym at least once every two days, while I'd prefer to eat a tub of ice cream once every two days.

"Ha it's great to see you to Joel, but would you mind hmm letting go before I don't know you break a rib" Joel quickly pulls back, giving me the once over for any obvious damage.

"Shit sorry didn't mean to be that rough"

"I was joking don't worry you massive steroid" Joels face drops before stepping back and brushing himself off.

"Lee even you know I am pure real, my body is a temple I don't want to mess up with any kind of drugs"

Yes that was Joel Simpson, the ultimate pretty boy. His hair was ink black, that went well with his matte locks, which softly lay just above his shaven sides, eyes that were closer to black than brown and lips even I envied for. I would never class Joel as the typical 'player,' but he was never short of girls, most girls in college wanted a piece of him at some point. To me, he was the typical older brother I never had, he was the guy that warned away the bad that came near me, and I was grateful for that.

"God it feels like it's been years" Jordynn stands to give me a hug, less brutal to her twins.

"I know J, how was Cornwall?"

She returns to her seat between Joel and Thea, before smirking at me, and from that point on I knew something good had happened. The twins both shared the same smirk, the kind of grin that trouble followed, Jordynn had similar features to her brother the eyes, lips, wild curly hair, the only thing separating them was how J's hair was just full on chaos all over.

"Well I'll tell you later you know when..." her eyes trailed to her twin, obviously a conversation she doesn't want to have with Joel by her side.

"Hey I'm your brother I should be allowed to know" Joel turns towards her, arms crossed.

"Joel that's more reason for me not to tell you" the twins carried on their bickering back and forth, and I just thought it would be best to leave them to it.

I turn towards Ava and Kai who were still looking down, eyes focused only on the white illuminating screens.

"Hey you two, what's more important than giving your mate a hug you haven't seen in two long weeks" they both blank me, still rapidly typing away.

"Honestly Lee I wouldn't try, they've been like this all morning, some bet apparently on this mathematic challenge" Thea rolls her eyes at our two friends battling it out to become the better genius.

They always did competitions like this, Ava being the science and math geek while Kai was more into computing, but was always still a fair challenge. Ava was defiantly the brain in the group she studies maths, biology, geology and chemistry, the day I got to drop maths was the best day of my life, while Ava bows down before it.

Kai was a computer nerd, he still was on the same level as Ava, but Kai could do anything with a computer he hacked into the college system once just to change Joels business grade, even if it did cost him thirty quid. Together they were unbeatable, against each other it was just pure destruction, and you never wanted to be around when one lost.

"Ah alright, where's Jen?" I take a seat on the opposite sofa, and put my feet up making it mine for today.

Thea looks at her phone before looking up, "With Rudi they should be h... speak of the devil" she eyes the doors I had just came through, and there she was, with Rudi's arm sprawled across her shoulder, and Randall not following close behind.

"Hey guys how are we all?" Jen sits on Rudi's lap while I move my feet for Randall to sit next to me.

A load of 'Heys' and 'Goods' came from each of us, except the two mutes of the day.

"How was France then?" I waited for Jen to spill all the gossip like usual, I did love the girl but gossip tended to just fall from her mouth at every chance she got.

"Oh my god, Okay where to start? Well..." Jen carried on talking about every little detail that took place, from someone getting fired at her mums company, to how one of the models had got pregnant by her manager.

Jennifer May Williams was the pretty girl, she had blonde flowing locks that never seemed dull, the lightest of brown eyes that complemented her clear complexion, even better than anyone could picture, and as any pretty girl should she had boys wrapped around her fingers, Rudi Blakesley being one of them.

He was one of five of the Blakesley brothers, and had to be the cockiest. His slightly tanned skin always gave him a summer glow, which contrasted nicely against his dirty blonde hair, it probably was the light baby blue eyes though that made the girls swoon. Randall his twin was near enough the exact same, except wasn't that concerned of getting his dick in something at any chosen minute. He was mature, charming and a lot less boyish, which helped him get a lot of the older women, his past relationship was just about twenty and compared to him only being seventeen, the guys were pretty impressed.

"Okay anyway I love you to bits Jen but, there is more important things to ask, like when is that hot older brother of yours coming?" Jordynn smirks while looking towards the two twins waiting for a response, along with a very smiley Thea.

Joel huffs before smacking his sisters arm, "Jord don't make me put you on house arrest"

"Shh Joel, I'm older than you remember, so stop giving me the big brother act"

"Only by four minutes"

"Yeah and I'll be using them four minutes against you for the rest of my life"

"Whatever" Joel stands up before walking to the vending machine, I'm guessing away from the conversation his sister and Randall are about to have.

"So Dall..."

Randall looks down to his designer watch before looking up and grinning, "in about an hour, but I said we'll meet him at the Coffee House, I had to warn him about you girls"

"No you didn't" Thea and Jordynn shouted in unison, the colour draining from their faces.

"I'm joking chill out" they both sigh with relief at Randall's response, before returning to their conversation about our new friend, he turns to look at me with a small smirk on his lips, then winks at me.

So he wasn't joking.