Chapter 11

Mum and Chris had come back yesterday night, and finally my week with Maddie had ended. It wasn't as bad as I thought, except for missing some nights out with the group.

Which I was making up for tonight.
Jord had decided it was time for a girls night out, so that's what we were doing.

No Joel. No Kai. No Rudi. No Randall. No Nathan. No Alex. And especially, no Weylyn.

I hadn't seen much of Weylyn lately, the last I saw of him was the day after he came to collect his phone. I walked in on what looked like a serious conversation with Alex, as soon as they saw me they abruptly stopped talking, and Weylyn shoved past me, not giving me as much as a second look.

That's when I came to the conclusion, whatever I was feeling was a little lust, nothing more.

I didn't love him.
I didn't fancy him.
Hell I didn't even like the guy.
It was just annoying, that he was ridiculously good looking.

*flashback*

"I need to go pick Maddie up, see you guys later" after saying my byes, I left for Maddies school, walking out the social area, I just come into hearing range of a quite heated discussion.

If it wasn't for the deep, rough voice that almost sounded like a grumble, I wouldn't have eavesdropped, but as it was Weylyn, I was curious.

"Alex you know what could of happened"

"But it didn't"

"Alex don't try it with me, it's my job to look after you now, and if you can't control it, stay clear of situations that may cause it" Weylyn wasn't messing around, he sounded pissed, really pissed.

"Alright I'm sorry" Alex almost sounded like a small boy being told off for not doing as he's told, I'd never heard him so unconfident, he almost sounded vulnerable. 

"It's not just sorry though is it, what would of happened if ..." and just as my luck would be, I sneezed, yup ruined it.

I casually try to walk around the corner as if I hadn't been listening, but just as I come round both heads are turned, and if looks could kill, I'd be six foot under.

"Hey you two" I try my best to put on a fake smile, but Weylyn doesn't buy it, he walks straight towards me, and just as I think he's about to do something. He just shoves past me. Rude.

"What's his problem" Alex just shrugs his shoulders before chasing after Weylyn, I'm assuming to finish their 'private talk.'

*end*

-

"Guys we just got into the club, how is that even possible?" Ava was as you'd put it the child of the group, timid, worried and a massive over thinker. "What happens if we get caught? My mum thinks we're revising"

"Well my mum thinks I'm round yours, so don't worry, if one of us gets caught, we all get caught" Jord laughs it out as if it's not the first time, which it obviously isn't.

We've only done this a couple other times, but thanks to Jens cousin, we all had fake ID's saying we were nineteen, and we never seemed to have any hassle about it

"Shots. Now" Jen pulls us all towards the bar, which is either occupied by the odd older man drinking alone, or groups of friends getting drunk.

-

"I love youuuu Leeee" okay Ava had officially gone.

We'd been into three different clubs so far, and I'd happily say we were all done.

Ava was that drunk I doubt she'd be okay to go home tonight, so my house it is. Thea was currently chatting to this guy at the bar, who was actually really cute, but looked a tad too old for us. As for Jord and Jen, they were grinding up and down on the dance floor, either with each other or other guys, I lost count after the third song.

"I know I love you too Ava"

"Lee you know something" she leaned in closer, to the point her head was just resting gently on my shoulder.

"No what?"

"I'm gay"

I laugh quietly the best I can manage, because thanks to alcohol, every time Ava drank, she forgot she already told us.

Ava happily admitted she was gay about two years ago now, we were at this party dancing, and this guy wouldn't leave her alone. We always noticed how she never took an interest in guys, but thought not to bring it up until she was ready.  But thanks to that party, Ava gave in and told us all. Actually no. She told the guy, and then told us, just to get him to leave.

"Ava I know, you've already told us"

Ava suddenly pulled back a look of horror on her face which was the usual, "no I didn't, wait, did I?"

"Yeah you have"

"Oh my g-" she didn't finish what she was going to say, just as her eyes went wider in shock and she pulled her hand quickly to her mouth running for the toilet.

Oh no Ava.

"Hey, can I buy you a drink" just as Ava's seat had been emptied, a blonde man quickly refilled it. His voice was as smooth as silk, and his eyes were bright blue, which accompanied his blonde locks rather greatly.

"Umm yeah thanks, gin and tonic"

"So, is there a pretty name to match the pretty face?"

Oh no he didn't.
But, oh yes he did.

"I wouldn't say Charlie is pretty"

He laughed lightly before handing me my drink, and giving me a devilish smile.

"Well I must say you are an incredible beauty, Miss Charlie"

"I think you may have had a bit too much to drink sir" I reply sharply back, using the same manners he had.

-

The night went on, and the more I drank the more I talked.

I'd lost count how many gins I had now, the room started to spin a little, but I didn't take much notice, I was still mesmerised into Calvin's eyes.

I'd found out his name much after he'd assured me he wasn't drunk, he was a really funny guy and I couldn't help but laugh at his cheesy pick up lines, he threw at me once every while.

Luckily I'd found out Calvin just turned 18, so he wasn't too bothered when he found out I'd be 17 soon. He was in his final year of his ethics and business A level, at a college in Yorkshire, but apparently only came down for business.

"Okay I've been meaning to ask, how is a girl like you not been taken off the market yet?"

"Maybe because I haven't found someone worth taking me" He just grinned back at my reply, before everything went in slow motion.

He was leaning in.
Oh god he was going to kiss me.
I'm too drunk.
It's a mistake.
No don't kiss him.

Just as he closed his eyes, mine suddenly shut automatically just to copy his actions, I could feel his warm breath just gently fanning against my bottom lip, I was just about to meet his lips as permission.

Until the warm waves stopped, and the bar stool scrapped across the floor. My eyes flew back open to come in eye view of Calvin being pulled up by his shirt collar into the hands of the one and only...

Weylyn Blakesley.