Chapter 8

"Who's an ass?"

Oh for fucks sake.
I know that voice.
God help me.

I turn to where the familiar voice had come from, and I was obviously greeted with two brown eyes, a mop of hair and an annoyed frown.

"You are" Rudi says quite confidently, leaving us all in shock.

"Well I've been called worse" Weylyn shakes it off like nothing, carrying on to sit down with us, as if he hadn't cared what we had all said about him.

"Oh movie night round mine tonight, forgot to say, the parents are out so bring what you want" Jen always had a free house, so it was a regular we'd all go round and stop over, especially considering her house was large enough for us all.

"Jen on a school night, really?" Ava looked between us all as if we'd gone mad.

"Babe we don't need to get drunk, or... well you don't" Jen laughed the last bit off as she messed around with Rudi's hair, placing a rather sloppy kiss on his cheek.

Jen and Jord never cared about hangovers, but me and Thea rarely got up in the morning in time for college, the guys did what they wanted, as for Ava, she'd decide to just not go.

"I can't, parents have left me in charge of Maddie remember"

"Ughhhh no Char come onnnn, you're so fun when your drunk thooooo" Jord practically yanked my arm like a dog wanting attention.

"I'm sure you'll have fun without me"

"You know that's not true, you come up with all the fun games, like remember that time we got twiste-" I practically lunged at Jords mouth, doing my best to cover up the words about to come out.

The girls all smirked knowing what Jord was about to expose, as for the guys they all seemed pretty confused to what had just happened, while Weylyn and the new comers, all eyed me suspiciously.

God that would of been embarrassing.

-

College was as long as any other day.

So I decided getting home, putting on my sweats, and binge watching AHS would be a perfect way to end it.

"Maddie what do you want for dinner?" I shouted hoping she'd hear me over her crap music playing.

Nope, of course she didn't hear me.

"MADDIE"

"What?" she came stomping down the stairs with a very familiar face mask on.

"That better not be my new lush face scrub"

"It's not"

"It sure as hell looks like it"

"I may have borrowed a little bit"

Idiot.

"From now on leave my stuff alone, you go anywhere near it and I'll kill you"

"Okay sorry, anyways what did you want?"

"Dinner. What do you want?"

"Ooooo pizza"

"Agreed," food was about the only thing me and Maddie agreed on, which I could live with, "I'll be back in a minute, need to get my phone, to order with."

I ran upstairs, grabbing my phone from the side of my bed, just as Maddie shouts me.

"CHARLIEEE"

"I was gone a second what's up" I make my way down stairs, just as I come in eye view I can see the front door is open and Maddie is looking rather confused.

"Heyyyyy Charlie our dearest best friend" all of them, even Nathan and Alex, even Weylyn, were standing on the other side of the door, majority of them had grins that would make even the Cheshire Cat himself look scared about.

"Umm what are you guys doing here"

"Ha yeah funny thing about that," Jen starts to look down at the ground, as she rubs the side of her arm, this is bad, "Well baso my parents came home earlier than expected, but we were already there and had the booze, so we all had to quickly sneak out, andalltheotherhouseshadparentsin, exceptforyours" she obviously mumbled the last bit rather quickly, before looking straight back up with a slightly awkward smile.

"You better all have money for pizza, oh and one of you is sharing your booze with me"

-

The night was going alright, the pizza had vanished in the first twenty minutes of having it, obviously Weylyn didn't touch a slice, and neither did Nathan. Apart from having to bribe Maddie with £20 so she wouldn't tell mum, no one has been sick yet, and we were all having a surprisingly good time.

I picked up everyone's plates walking into the kitchen and dumping them in the sink for tomorrow.

I went to head back into the living room to make sure Jen and Rudi hadn't disappeared anywhere, just as Weylyn himself decided to scare the living daylights out of me.

There he was sitting at the kitchen table, hair a ruffled mess, with a bottle of whisky in his hand.

"Were you trying to give me a heart attack?"

"Not intentionally no"

"So what can I do you for?"

"Well as you seem pretty sober, and you have offered your house for our services, I thought you might want some of this" he slides the bottle to the chair across from him, obviously a clear instruction to sit down.

"Thanks" I sit down, picking up the bottle of brown liquor and letting the warm liquid burn the back of my throat.

About a year ago I would of coughed after a swig, but now it felt like second nature.

I slide the bottle back making sure to not tip it over, just as Weylyn's hand comes in contact, I can see the amused look on his face.

"So you can hold your liquor" he raises his eyebrow, a smirk forming on his lips. The first sign of emotion I've ever seen, and it would be a lie to say it wasn't attractive.

"Seems so"

"Well, let's play a game then"