The Appointment

The story has been completed and is being edited. When the editing is done it will be deleted because the book is soon becoming a movie. Thanks.

Read, Vote, Comment and Share.

We were so many down there, there in the lake of fire or the place most know as hell. Believe me when I tell you it's hot. Really hot! The place is so hot you feel the heat within. It was never quiet there. There was no such thing as sleep. How will you sleep with the million and million of terrified voices screaming in pain? The heat wasn't the only problem; the thirst too was another issue. There was nothing in that place in liquid state except for the hot, red liquid the ground vomited endlessly. Tears never ran down your cheeks even if you cried all day. The instant your eye forced a teardrop it vanished like a drop of water on the sun. Don't ask me how my eyes, skin, and other body parts coped with the fire without turning to a mount of ash. The Creator had made it in a way that the body just kept on regenerating itself to enjoy the pain again and again and again. Hell is a terrible place!!!

In hell many people kept on praying to The Creator and even those who didn't know prayers ended with 'amen'. The same people who believed there was no such thing as God and the afterlife was just a creation of man's imagination to deny the biological fact of death. It is true humans want to live forever and believe me when I tell you humans do live forever but in two different places. Hell was large, very large. I could tell by the ear-piercing screams  echoing from miles away. Though large, hell was tight: But  there was enough room for every one to scream in pain. In addition to us humans, there were demons and the master of demons; Satan. They felt the heat as well but I figured they had become immune to it. They had to be because they had been in it since it's creation. I often wondered if I could ever get used to it. At times it got so hot that I couldn't think. I couldn't do nothing but feel the heat. The Creator should really be a genius. He was able to create heaven to so comfortable, I presume and hell so horrible.

Talking of the devil and his demons. The demons were always asking for something to do, waiting for a summoning, in fact, they were always eager to get out of the heat and go spend some time on earth. They never returned to hell unless someone casted them back into the Lake of Fire. The devil himself was tired of going to earth. It had been a while since he had been out of hell. Not that he didn't want it just that he could no longer do so. The devil had gotten The Creator vexed thus some of his liberties had been withdrawned. Since then the devil had used numerous souls to help him communicate with the living. The devil is a busy and greedy being; he is never satisfied. I know about all the humans who had let themselves become vessels of the devil. So many of them! I won't mention any names because I am part of the club.

The Sunday mornings were as hot as all other mornings. I know t'was Sunday when I saw demons who had been on vacation walking around in frustration. One of them suddenly moved over to me and grabbed me by the shoulder.
"Come with me." She said as she drew me into the air and flopped away with me. Several feet above the ground, I could clearly see how disorganized hell was. Several people, especially the new comers running around in confusion looking for colder spots to stand and scream in agony. It was a little colder in the air with the air rushing over my burning face. As the demon descended towards the ground I spoke to her.
"Just fly me around a second longer," I said. She never responded. About twelve feet above the ground, she dropped me. I crashed into the ground head first. I heard my skull crack it was painful but the pain when was irrelevant compared to the pain I felt all over my body as the fire consumed me. In a struggle I rose to my feet and staggered forward. The demon landed behind me she spread open her wings and wrapped them around me. That was my happiest moment in that place. Within her wings I felt normal again. The heat was gone. I felt alive. She walked gently with me pass series of doors. I had heard about this section in hell Satan's quarters. I had never had the time and strength to venture this far. I didn't want The Creator to increase his punishment on me. What else could he do to me?

Suddenly I heard a voice call out from the shadows before me. A group of demons emerged from it. I couldn't make out which was Satan until my eyes caught sight of the crown.
"That should be him." I mumbled to myself. The others formed a straight line behind him while he walked forward towards me. The devil who had brought me in spread her wings open and I could feel the heat once more. I screamed in pain, the demons laughed and slowly Satan embraced me with his wings. I was frightened and confused for a moment then I realised the reason for the kindness. Satan was always kind, always kind to the person he wanted to use to do his evil deeds. The kindness is always momentary but humans always felt into the trap. It was within his comfortable wings that he mumbled to me.
"I'm gonna end your suffering."