Wrong Address ●●

"What brings you to this strange place? Most tourists fear this place. Even I personally I'm afraid of this place." The driver confessed.

"The devil is within my brother." I tried to stop Megan from saying more but I couldn't. The driver swallowed spittle with difficulty. I could hear the liquid go down his throat like a blade. "We are here to send the devil back were he belongs; hell."

"Aren't you afraid of the devil?" The driver asked. I could sense the tension building up in him.
"When you know how he operates you can't be." Megan giggled, then laughed scaring the driver. His shivering intensified. I heard sweat trickle down his face unto the steering wheel which he tried to hold firmly. "My brother here has been to hell and back. He made an arrangement with the devil and he came back. We want to trick the devil." The driver screamed something; I didn't understand what he said but it was Arabic.

"So you are a Muslim." Megan leaned forward as she whispered into the frightened driver's ear.
"Megan stop! Can't you see you are scaring him. Please don't mind my sister she's just a bit crazy." I tried to calm the driver who had began mumbling a prayer.
"Now you are calling me crazy, hell boy." For some reason that made me annoyed but I choose to remain quiet. Yes I had been to hell; it was she who placed me there in the first place.

The driver killed the engine infront of a large marble statue. The instant we stepped out, the taxi had vanished into the darkness.
"Poor man." I felt bad for the driver. "Because of you he left without his money."
"Don't be an asshole Tom. There is probably something better we can do with that money." Her lips twisted into a cunning smile.
"Megan you are evil."
"Look who is calling me evil. The Goat himself." She let out a laugh. "Tom you are the devil's ambassador to earth." She padded me on the back as she walked towards the lone house within the tall leafless trees. I followed her behind like her shadow. The marble statue smiled at us as we walked pass.

A man exited the house and guided us in. I had the feeling he knew we were coming. His clothes smelt like forever. He walked like an injured deer searching for safety, his head in a constant left-right swing like a pendulum ball.
"Did you tell Sir. Christian we were coming?" I asked Megan in the calmest way I could.
"Don't be worried, we are at the right place I can just feel it." Megan took in a deep breath. It irritated me badly.
Candles were the only thing which illuminated the dusty home. Pictures hung on the wall begging to fall to floor.

"Sir, why do you have only candles in here?" My question paused him. Quickly, I moved closer to him to verify if he was actually human.
"Evil spirits don't fear candles." His reply shocked me. I turned to Megan who was just as confused as I. "By evil spirits I mean the uninvited." He increased his pace. Our feet tickled the wooden floor causing it to squeak in pain. Everything in his home looked so alive. All the dusty pictures hanging on the wall looked like cages carrying confined humans. All tables were clothed with books, even the floor was a sea of books.

"I see you like to read." Megan remarked as she dragged her feet through the books.
"Elvis used to keep things in order." The old man said as he struggled up the stairs.
"Where is Elvis now?" Megan asked curiously.
"The spirits of the road took him."
"So there are spirits on these roads. Why do they take out brains?" I kept my voice low but the echo was loud. The house was larger than it looked.
"Brains. Brains, yes I like brains. Excuse me I mean it like brains." He laughed. "Hurry I need to get some sleep."
"Tom." Megan called in a low tone. I followed her eyes to the ceiling.
"Holy shit!" I screamed. I felt Megan's soft fingers over my mouth. She was too late the old man had heard me. He was coming towards us; fast; flying. I knew were at the wrong place.

"Megan am sorry the address was wrong." The words left me in a second.