The Curse ●

"Stop him!" Dr. Eleanora screamed as we crashed into the church house. My vision was blurred, the whole place was like a water painting. I felt her hand grab me and slowly she lifted me to my feet. My knees smashed against themselves. I staggered into Dr. Eleanora's exposed palms. She held me like a baby. I looked into her cute eyes and I still couldn't believe she tortured those men to death. Poor souls.

Minutes passed away quickly, the room became alive. A man laid motionless on a wooden cross, pinned to it by three large nails. Blood oazed out of him like an injured deer. I looked into his pale dying face, that's when I realised the man on the cross was Pastor James. He looked happy. He seemed to be enjoying the pain, his emotions confused me. I thought of his mother; the lady I had dragged out of hell.

Next to the bleeding pastor was a little girl. A man stood two feet from her. He looked terrified; I wondered why. Seconds later his look made sense; a woman laid beneath the girls pink sneakers shivering endlessly. Cockroaches crawled continuously out of her mouth. Was she still alive? I wondered as I moved over to the girl. Three feet from Dr. Eleanora my legs grew tired of carrying my drained self, slowly I grumbled to the hard wooden floor. I sniffed in hard; the smell awoke memories in my mind, memories of my first time in the dusty church; when pastor James had tried to cast him out of me. The him who appointed me.

I struggled to my feet then fell again to the floor. Once more I tried again to rise to my feet but yet again I crashed to the floor. Before me was the little girl in pink sneakers. I looked into her eyes, they were as white as snow. For some reason she had no pupils. A lump formed in my throat; a by product of my fright. She is just a kid, what harm can she do? I wondered as I stretched my hand to take hers. She carried a perfect smile on her face exposing her white teeth. She resembled Cupid.

"Don't!" The man screamed. His face wrinkled with worry. "Don't touch her! She is cursed!" The man just stood at the back keeping his distance from the little girl.

"Why?" I asked. The little girl was upset. Her smile had changed into a frown.

"She did that to her mother." The man pointed at the shivering woman on the floor. The cockroaches were still crawling out of her mouth. "Don't let her touch you!"

"I didn't kill my mum!" The little screamed as she run towards the man. He tried to run away but missed a step and crashed into the hard floor.