Wrong Address ●

The sun felt into the horizon like a soul being dragged into hell. The evening was perfect for an exorcism. The crescent moon smiled at me; I felt unusually cold like soul from hell. I shivered next to my sister Megan. She wore an encouraging smile on her face.

"Everything will be well." She said as she rested her head on my shivering shoulder. The last time she said that I died, a painful death. Sweat pumped out of my skin as I calculated the probability of failure. We can't fail. I convinced myself. Not when we are going to see a master of dark arts.

"Megan, can I see the business card." She leaned away from me and searched her leather bag for my request. Her bag was full of all sort of the-devil-being-a-good-guy-stuff.
"Here you go." She placed the rectangular card into my shaky right hand. As I tried to read the card the taxi galloped, slamming me hard against the hard roof.

"Sorry." The driver apologized as he ignored Megan's stream of insults. I rolled down the window to let some light filter in so I could read the card. The street was dark, it had few houses choked up within tall leafless trees. It had several street lights which were either not working or nearing their expiry date. The only sounds my ears could pick up were the jumbled call of desperate insects searching for a mate. As we went further into the neighborhood the darker it became. I liked the darkness; its always peaceful and full of surprises.

"Tom. What you reading on that card all this while." Megan asked curiously.
"Sir. Christian Jefferson. I've never met a Christian who is a christian. Have you?" We all laughed, even the driver. He shouldn't have. He took his eye off the road for a second and before he realised it there was a man infront of the car. He ran the man over. The car galloped as it crushed the man under its wheels. I crashed into the roof again, this time harder.

"Stop!" I yelled at driver. "I've dropped the business card." He just ignored me and went faster down the road.
"You dropped what?!" Megan was furious. "Stop the car!"
"Sorry Miss I can't." The driver was shivering. "This place is not safe. The are stories, real stories of ghost appearing on this road and playing with drivers' minds. If you stop they take you."
"Who takes you?!" Megan wasn't an easy person to calm down.
"I don't know Miss, all I know is when they take you they rip out your brain and hang your body on a tree."

"If you had lights in this your old taxi we couldn't be in this mess. Asshole!" She slammed the roof with her fist. "Stupid taxi!" Minutes passed, silence joined us.

"Tom can you recall the address?" Megan asked as she sank into the back seat. I searched my mind for an answer. I couldn't say 'no', if I did she would send me out of the car to go get the business card. I could remember the numbers but not the order.
"7842." I mumbled.
"You sure." Megan asked.
"7-4-8-2." That's it for sure. "Sir Christian Jefferson, Exorcist, Master of dark art, 7-4-8-2."
"Then we are almost there." The driver added as he accelerated down the winding road.

The stars had joined the moon in the night sky. Everything seemed normal but for the fact that the moon had suddenly become red. I  stretched my hand to tap Megan to let her know then I retracted my arm; she believed a red moon was a sign of luck.